Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I dont like to see races decided by cars changing tyres under SC, VSC and Red Flag. F1 needs a complete rules overhaul in that area. It's happened so many times this season and many others, changing results unfairly.

I'm happy for Max, you need some luck to win a title, he had it this time. The FIA were the villain here and they are making a joke of the sport. These last few races have been just unbelievable from the rule setters.

Soldato
There seems to be real shambolic decision making in race control these days. Saudi was bad and here was the same.

Yeah we're not letting lapped cars go through.....................oh sorry we are but just these ones oh and there's 1 lap left k thx bye.

Caporegime
Never in my experience.

They’ll get away with it because the wording says they “may” let lapped cars overtake.

I hope Merc protest that shambles of an ending.

Actually wording says

"48.12 If the clerk of the course considers it safe to do so, and the message "LAPPED CARS MAY NOW OVERTAKE" has been sent to all Competitors via the official messaging system, any cars that have been lapped by the leader will be required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car. whilst the safety car is deployed unless it is for the purpose of changing tyres."

That to me means all lapped cars, not just some.

Feel Mercedes have am extremely good case to call foul as rules were not followed properly.

Soldato
Well done for Max, I wouldnt say necessarily deserved, far too dirty for that, but it was earned. You gotta get yourself into these positions to take advantage of them when they appear and he has done just that.

That for me though... Will be the last season I watch for a long time, FIA and Liberty media have just turned it all into a joke, ever since Liberty got involved its just been on a downward spiral into cheap, tacky, WWE style ********, and yeah its just not for me anymore. I'm sure they have gained a lot of new "fans" over this season, however, its just a shame it had to be at the expense of some of the old ones.

Soldato
I'd imagine Merc would argue that they should have unlapped all cars and so finished under SC. So the positions should be as at the restart.

I don't think they'll succeed but I imagine that'll be the argument.

You can understand that for sure - either they all go and unlap themselves OR none of them....

Not just 5 cars so Max can sit on Lewis for the race win

That's my frustration as a fan - ZERO consistency....

Man of Honour
I dont like to see races decided by cars changing tyres under SC, VSC and Red Flag. F1 needs a complete rules overhaul in that area. It's happened so many times this season and many others, changing results unfairly.

The changing tyres stuff isn't unfair; its the rules - Mercedes could have (and probably should have) pitted Lewis; everyone moaning about the Red Flag rules too last weekend as if they were written the morning before the race in Saudi; they've been like that for years and all teams know that.

Soldato
Sorry but saying no cars to unlap then with 1 lap to go allowing the 5 cars between Max & Lewis = as blatant corruption as you can get. Then the way Masi talked to Toto and not to Horner seals it...

Caporegime
Actually wording says

"whilst the safety car is deployed unless it is for the purpose of changing tyres. 48.12 If the clerk of the course considers it safe to do so, and the message "LAPPED CARS MAY NOW OVERTAKE" has been sent to all Competitors via the official messaging system, any cars that have been lapped by the leader will be required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car. whilst the safety car is deployed unless it is for the purpose of changing tyres."

That to me means all lapped cars, not just some.

Feel Mercedes have am extremely good case to call foul as rules were not followed properly.

Yep. Just picking and choosing which cars can go past to gift another driver a massive tyre advantage is clearly utter ****.

Soldato
You can understand that for sure - either they all go and unlap themselves OR none of them....

Not just 5 cars so Max can sit on Lewis for the race win

That's my frustration as a fan - ZERO consistency....

Wow is that what happened they just let 5 cars go by and ended the SC?

I think Merc have a case, RB lobby, then due process for ending SC isnt followed.

Soldato
Was genuinely confused and thought there was a scenario I wasn't considering!

Glad we can agree Mercedes ultimately ****** it until Masi gifted it to Max :D
As I said no one likes a smart arse.

Hey Mercedes, Purdy a guy on OCUK forums knows more about F1 strategy than you guys .. He’d rather cover the 1% than the 99% possibility. :o

If you genuinely want to know and you aren’t been a dick then look through the Merc YouTube channel for the previous races where they explain each race and the reasons for their strategy calls, you’ll learn something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom