Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Masi does need to be chucked out IMO, no point in having a clearly better driver (in this race) lose due to a stupid decision that doesn't fit with every other time that rule has been used.

I'm a fan of sport being fair and transparent and this was neither, even the first corner, first lap decision I found questionable as Max should have been given the place back.
Agree with that, hard to follow a sport when the rules change everytime it's played

Caporegime
And I believe it also says something like:

I'm no expert at interpreting these rules but it sounds like the race shouldn't have restarted.

Though this is also in the rules about safety cars and unlapping:

Not sure how to interpret that!

Interpret that by letting ALL lapped cars past, every rule in the book says same thing, in one way or another.

Masi just made it up on the spot completely illegally.

Associate
Nah I watched the race live.

Massa had 2008 won had it not been for some luck with rain on last lap for Lewis.

2021 Max gets the luck on the last lap.

Merry Christmas.

I mean this is a really crazy take. Hamilton won within the rules but with the rub of the green. Max had the luck followed by the FIA (probably) not following their own rules. I'm looking forward to the official explanation of what they did to be honest. I hope that it clears things up so this doesn't drag through the courts - It's not a good look for the sport.

Permabanned
Shame it had to end the way it did, but considering Max had two DNF's because of Mercedes, due to Hamilton and Bottas.. It's a fair result for the season imo.

Caporegime
Nah I watched the race live.

Massa had 2008 won had it not been for some luck with rain on last lap for Lewis.

2021 Max gets the luck on the last lap.

Merry Christmas.

No ones talking about luck. We are talking about the FIA making up the rules as they go along and only letting the cars between Lewis and Max unlap themselves..

They simply made.a decision to directly give Max a massive tyre advantage.

Soldato
Caporegime
As I said no one likes a smart arse.

Hey Mercedes, Purdy a guy on OCUK forums knows more about F1 strategy than you guys .. He’d rather cover the 1% than the 99% possibility. :o

If you genuinely want to know and you aren’t been a dick then look through the Merc YouTube channel for the previous races where they explain each race and the reasons for their strategy calls, you’ll learn something.

Honestly, wasn't aware the conversation was coming across so hostile. So no, not I'm not attempting to be a ****.

Also I'm a little confused by your reply, originally you had stated you cover him off in case of a VSC/SC occurring but as I asked I don't see how that benefits anyone but Hamilton.
If we look at the first set of pit stops in isolate of the later VSC/SC (which both worked out poorly for Mercedes due to the first set of pitstops)

- Max was ~8seconds behind?
- Max pits, following lap he is not catching Lewis
- Lewis pits to cover and has now put himself in a position of needing to 1. Pass Perez 2. Potentially need a second stop
- He loses the possibility of cheap/free pit stop with a VSC/SC before his natural pit window

Hopefully you can tell me why that is wrong and the 1% scenario.

Caporegime
The FIA have intervened there and virtually fixed the result.

Red Bull took a gamble to pit, give up position to back markers on the risk that they may or may not be let go.

Mercedes took the gamble that the safety car would last long enough to reach the end while unlapping or that Max would sacrifice position.

The FIA, seemingly for the first time ever, have then at short notice decided to reorder only the cars that are between Max and Lewis.

That just isn't sporting because they're changing the parameters the teams are making decisions within. If they'd known beforehand that regardless Max would be put behind Lewis, Mercedes would have pit Lewis.
After saying only a couple of minutes before that lapped cars would NOT overtake. Ridiculous flip-flopping by Masi and he’s done it several times. Absolutely tainted championship.

Man of Honour
Mercedes have grounds for appeal...

fis.jpg

"Any cars that have been lapped will be required to pass"

"Once the last lapped car has passed the leader the safety car will return to the pits at the end of the following lap"

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I’m not going to add a poll to this shambles.

Any news on a protest from Merc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom