Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Mercedes have grounds for appeal...

fis.jpg

"Any cars that have been lapped will be required to pass"

"Once the last lapped car has passed the leader the safety car will return to the pits at the end of the following lap"

Massive grounds. The FIA completely just made up a new rule.

Soldato
Shame it had to end the way it did, but considering Max had two DNF's because of Mercedes, due to Hamilton and Bottas.. It's a fair result for the season imo.

Over the course of the season I feel the better driver won. BUT, to end it this way it an absolute shambles.

Stupid bloody Latifi ruined a record breaking 8th championship.

I bet Massa feels the same way about Glock.

Caporegime
Over the course of the season I feel the better driver won. BUT, to end it this way it an absolute shambles.

I bet Massa feels the same way about Glock.

Glock stayed out on slicks in a wet race. What happened today was not following the rules. Hamilton was faster by quite some margin. The safety car won and the bent stewards won it for Max.

Associate
Appalling to let a few cars through but not the others if that contravenes the rules.
Whoever wins should win by merit and not by either a biased race director or a bung from helmut.
Or do the new owners want to make a movie as well as their tv series.

Soldato
Max moved 3 times weaving down the straight on the restart to defend and again dive bombed and pushed him wide. People can't compete against Max when he drives to a different rule book. Real fans have been conned this season by the handling of it all.
A massive rule overhaul is needed now.

Soldato
Honestly, wasn't aware the conversation was coming across so hostile. So no, not I'm not attempting to be a ****.

Also I'm a little confused by your reply, originally you had stated you cover him off in case of a VSC/SC occurring but as I asked I don't see how that benefits anyone but Hamilton.
If we look at the first set of pit stops in isolate of the later VSC/SC (which both worked out poorly for Mercedes due to the first set of pitstops)

- Max was ~8seconds behind?
- Max pits, following lap he is not catching Lewis
- Lewis pits to cover and has now put himself in a position of needing to 1. Pass Perez 2. Potentially need a second stop
- He loses the possibility of cheap/free pit stop with a VSC/SC before his natural pit window

Hopefully you can tell me why that is wrong and the 1% scenario.
As I said have a watch of the Merc videos its why they make them. As I have already said, its a race of mitigating the risks and choosing the optimal strategy.

If Lewis had pitted he would have be been behind Max, based on the evidence of this track, the difficulty in passing in these aero cars, Max’s driving “standards” and Lewis having the faster car in clean air why would you pit?

All that is without FIA making the rules up as they go along! That’s why it was correct the call to stay out. Again listen through the Merc retrospectives on YouTube throughout the season if you want to know more.

It’s easy to be bold and brave when you’ve have nothing to lose.

Soldato
Shame it had to end the way it did, but considering Max had two DNF's because of Mercedes, due to Hamilton and Bottas.. It's a fair result for the season imo.

Yes I think this often gets overlooked because of how hard Max has been when challenging with Lewis on track. If these event's hadn't happened, this would have been over several races ago. A fascinating season either way.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Not saying Max didnt deserve to win, but, not under these circumstances.

Hope Merc appeal and the championship goes to the team and driver who made the right calls, to get screwed by someone making rules up on the spot at race control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom