Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Let’s be honest, I can’t see the WDC result being overturned.

It’s merely likely that this’ll result in some nothing slap on the wrist for Masi.

Even if they do and its overturned it would be tainted for Lewis also.

Masi ruined the climax to a fantastic season.
(Would've been good to see Max actually making an attempt at Lewis on the last few laps despite ultimately wanting Lewis to win)

Man of Honour
No he shouldn't be replaced.

The FIA and teams need to sit down and talk this out, you can't have teams badgering the FIA like we've seen every race.

Masi has come out looking badly this season but if he's replaced by somebody else and nothing else changes the same thing is going to keep happening.

I don't believe for one second that this sort of pressure was going on when Charlie was in charge.

I suspect it was, the big difference now is the radio is all made public. That and Whiting probably would have just told them to **** off!

Caporegime
Even if they do and its overturned it would be tainted for Lewis also.

Masi ruined the climax to a fantastic season.
(Would've been good to see Max actually making an attempt at Lewis on the last few laps despite ultimately wanting Lewis to win)

Why would it be tainted for Lewis? He was the rightful winner of the race under the rules as written.

Associate
Le
If I were Mercedes I’d pursue this without wanting to change the result. Then If I won the case I’d be sure to mention the hollow championship to Horner, mateschitz, and the verstappens at every opportunity… :D

I haven’t seen the race but it sounds like a red flag would’ve been the best course of action. Just to neutralise the race where it was and not benefit either party.

I think if they had red flagged it that would have ended the race?

No I am wrong
A red flag indicates that the race, practice session, or qualifying session has been suspended. All marshal stations will signal this. Drivers may not leave the pits. All drivers on the track must proceed cautiously to the pit lane and stop. There they will be reordered in their correct racing order. Sessions may be resumed or abandoned as the race director indicates. If the safety car is deployed, the racing cars should follow it and provisions allow for the safety car to divert the field into the pit lane and wait there.

A like Lewis more than Max and the ending was a farce.

On balance Max winning is better reflection of the Season, with Max leading most laps and other stats.

Every call Mercedes made was a bad one this race they all but handed the victory to Max.

Man of Honour
A team representative is required to report to the Stewards at 19:45 in relation to the incident below.
No / Driver 33 - Max Verstappen
Reason Protest by Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team against Car 33, alleged breach of Article 48.8 of the 2021 FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations.

A team representative is required to report to the Stewards at 20:15 in relation to the incident below.
No / Driver 33 - Max Verstappen
Reason Protest by Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team against the classification established at the end of the Competition, alleged breach of Article 48.12 of the 2021 FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations.

Caporegime
It is Maxs championship.

if merc has made the correct strategy call Lewis would have won either way. Merc dropped the ball.

Nope. If the rules were followed, the race would have ended under the safety car. They correctly predicted the race would finish under the safety car under the rules.

The rules were thrown out the window though so it was gifted to Max.

Soldato
It is Maxs championship.

if merc has made the correct strategy call Lewis would have won either way. Merc dropped the ball.

Which strategy call? Pit the car for new tyres when the race will finish under SC?

If they had asked for 1 lap of racing ('we only need 1 lap') after doing that, pretty sure I know what Masi would say.

Soldato
If this race was earlier in the season, all cars would have have been allowed to unlap and Lewis would have won under the safety car. Guaranteed. Massi got swayed under pressure by Horner and broke the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom