Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
What a season finish! Best season in F1 for decades. MAX MAX MAX SUPER MAX! Sick of Toto and Hamilton's childish complaints all the time as soon as something doesn't go their way. Finally, they have to step down and accept reality.

the reality that max did not have pace today and needed fia meddling to win?

Soldato
What a mess!
Not sure Merc are doing themselves any favours protesting, take it on the chin and keep it classy, then see what you can do next year.

so what happens when they let a blatant disregard for the rules go this time round and then the same thing happens next season? They only reasonable decision is to appeal…

Soldato
The whole argument is that, the rule you quote was ignored.

It should NOT have been ignored at all, it should have been followed to the letter, from the start to the end of that rule.

Not made up as you go along.

the rule does not state that that process must be implemented, or is it in an earlier part of the rule?
People don’t want the lapped cars going past, but in your reason then that would break the rules. It’s at the race directors discretion weather or not to allow lapped cars to pass, it is not a given.

Soldato
Childish? Lol have you ever heard Karen Horner?
Only from immature people here. Toto has been better, but not by much. His crying on the radio under and after the safety car today was pitiful, far worse than Horner has ever done.

Should just send everyone to Spa and actually have an actual race there. I'd even let stappen keep his his joke points from that race.
In the snow. Yeah!

Soldato
they also made hamilton lose a huge lead, and gave max a free pit stop, but apparently that's within the rules.
trash rules. this race wasn't even close.

Do you even follow F1, that is how safety cars work. The cars bunch up to create space on track. Cars can pit if the pitlane is open (it's always), and in doing so they lose less time than if the cars aren't going around at safety car speed.

Soldato
Ah yes, forgot, UK forums. Toto begging Masi at the end was the cherry on the cake for me.

That was not classy, and I hate to see that, but I don't know what you are smoking if you are happy accepting RBR and the whining..

All of it should stop! :)

Are you a Max fan? If so, congrats to Max, not the best finish and a bit cloudy with not winning it outright, but that's how it goes sometimes!

Man of Honour
The whole argument is that, the rule you quote was ignored.

It should NOT have been ignored at all, it should have been followed to the letter, from the start to the end of that rule.

Not made up as you go along.
Add to that, that once the final lapped car has passed, the safety car will return to the pits on the following lap.

We pretty much got "These 5 cars can overtake... and he race is on again"

If they followed the rules, the safety car could have come in when it did, but Verstappen would have to get past the 5 lapped cars, or, let the lapped cars past and end the race behind the safety car.

Caporegime
the rule does not state that that process must be implemented, or is it in an earlier part of the rule?
People don’t want the lapped cars going past, but in your reason then that would break the rules. It’s at the race directors discretion weather or not to allow lapped cars to pass, it is not a given.

Yes it is at his discretion.

Either he does implenent the rules as written, and then he must follow the rules of allowing all to pass, and bring safety car in on the following lap.

Or he does not implement the rules

He MUST NEVER make up his own rules on the spot.

Soldato
That was not classy, and I hate to see that, but I don't know what you are smoking if you are happy accepting RBR and the whining..

All of it should stop! :)

Are you a Max fan? If so, congrats to Max, not the best finish and a bit cloudy with not winning it outright, but that's how it goes sometimes!

Honestly, I'm not a fan of any single racer, I'm oddly a Lando supporter. I just absolutely loved this season and all the dirt it's thrown up. I came here to ruffle a few feathers and to those who bit. I genuinely am only messing. I accept the FIA has been an absolute mess all season. Hamiltons flat out pace is mind boggling and it's why he's a championship winner of 7 years.

All that aside, I've had an absolute blast watching this season. My wife has also indulged and become hooked because of this season and it's drama, this is what I wanted and I got it. So yea, I'm riding high right now.

Soldato
Not gonna paste the entire section because it pastes horribly but reading through 48.10 onwards, it's difficult to make a case for Masi not throwing at least one of them in the bin, if not more.

Soldato
Yes it is at his discretion.

Either he does implenent the rules as written, and then he must follow the rules of allowing all to pass, and bring safety car in on the following lap.

Or he does not implement the rules

He MUST NEVER make up his own rules on the spot.

So he did not implement that rule as per his discretion. So now we have established that, what rule did he break?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom