Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
What if they choose to end the race under the SC. The SC peels into the pits, Max overtakes lewis under the safety car and takes the flag by more than 30s.

How does that get dealt with. Normally it would be a penalty, but I believe 30s is the max time penalty they can give. Could they retrospectively black flag him?

Would be a race disqualification, without a doubt. 30s is the maximum penalty they can give, but they can go as far as excluding from the whole season, even banning from the sport.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

What if they choose to end the race under the SC. The SC peels into the pits, Max overtakes lewis under the safety car and takes the flag by more than 30s.

How does that get dealt with. Normally it would be a penalty, but I believe 30s is the max time penalty they can give. Could they retrospectively black flag him?
Probably a full disqualification in that instance.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Obviously it was never going to work guys, they’re going for the “fat girlfriend” approach.

Go out with a fatty
Then go out with an average bird
Make average bird look hot in comparison

They took the trivial protest in to make the other seem better.

Soldato
Merc taking a barrister in to race meeting is grim. This could become a low point for a great sport.
on the day that they were undoubtably opened up to a whole new audience with all the media hype going on. Can't see anyone who was new to the sport today sticking it on that showing

Soldato
What’s the remaining protest?

Incorrect SC procedure.

The rules dont give the racing director the ability to overrule the normal procedure, he didnt use any of the legal options.

I expect the FIA to dismiss the appeal, and for me when they do it I am done with the sport especially if Masi stays on. It will confirm its become WWE.

Caporegime
Strikes me as though, going forward, we need something akin to the green-white-chequered rule from US racing. Get a full course caution in the closing laps, and the race is extended to get two laps of green flag racing.

They are allowed to refuel there though, F1 can't.
Too many extra laps, and no one would finish.

Caporegime
Incorrect SC procedure.

The rules dont give the racing director the ability to overrule the normal procedure, he didnt use any of the legal options.

Not to mention the rule he did make up on the spot was immensely unfair to not only Lewis, but other competitors too.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

on the day that they were undoubtably opened up to a whole new audience with all the media hype going on. Can't see anyone who was new to the sport today sticking it on that showing
If you don’t know the rules and were tuning in as an average fan…. Does it look like anything more than a last lap overtake by Max?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom