Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
That'll go down even better if they're effectively publishing the decision before it's been made :p

I don't know if the SC complaint is something for the stewards. Do the stewards have the ability to overrule Massi?

That's why I think we are probably done for the day. The overtaking under SC complaint was the only one that could have changed the result today. Hence all the announcements going out.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I don't want to see a championship decider ended under the safety car. And that's what we're essentially saying should have happened.

Do you think ending it under the safety car with the driver who should have won the race winning is worse than gifting it to another driver.

Soldato
If I hear one more moronic journo, or dullard pundit like Nico Rosberg talk about Max as "one of the greatest" I'm going to scream. Lewis was one point from winning his maiden championship, and won it on the second try. It took Max 7 goes* ffs. He's not even on the same page as Lewis.

*Still up for debate

Caporegime
Would it?

I don't want to see a championship decider ended under the safety car. And that's what we're essentially saying should have happened.

So you prefer it was decided by rules made up on the spot that predominantly benefit only one of the challengers and **** over not only the other title challenger, but other drivers too?

It wouldnt have been "decided under the safety car". Lewis was clearly much faster and led the entire race and if the rules were followed would have won the race and the championship. The safecty car, with the rules applied properly, would not have "decided" anything.

The race result was actually decided by Masi. Not Lewis, not max, not Merc, Not Red Bull and certainly not he rules.

Soldato
Would it?

Yes it would. It's just how things go sometimes, I don't get the obsession with having to finish as a racing lap just for the sake of it.

Soldato
Would it?

I'll say this, I'm very glad indeed that it was a Mercedes-engined car that crashed to bring out the safety car...I can't imagine the ruckus if it'd been Perez or one of the Alpha Tauris.
Oh I am sure someone will invent some conspiracy attached to that in this forum. After all they're all 'experts' on the rules and the role of the race director..

Soldato
Don't really follow F1 or have any real knowledge about the rules etc but based on that ending alone, whilst it was exciting stuff, it did seem totally unfair the way it worked out. The decision was made knowing full well Verastappen would have the advantage.

Soldato
You know what I don't like the last race of the season to mean nothing. We should ignore all races before the last race.

You only need to show up for that race.

Caporegime
I don't know if the SC complaint is something for the stewards. Do the stewards have the ability to overrule Massi?

That's why I think we are probably done for the day. The overtaking under SC complaint was the only one that could have changed the result today. Hence all the announcements going out.

If those are the rules currently, then that is the way it has to be, rightly or wrongly.

Want it differently, re write rules for next time, don't make them up on the spot to gift race to someone else.

Associate
I expect the protest will be denied and it will end up in court. There's no question that the rules weren't followed so I don't see how Hamilton doesn't eventually become champ here, what a mess for everyone. If Max thinks he's won and it gets taken away it would be gut wrenching for him, and if Hamilton is crowned champ then he didn't get to properly celebrate his record breaking 8th title. Michael Masi should be ashamed.

Don
Yes it would. It's just how things go sometimes, I don't get the obsession with having to finish as a racing lap just for the sake of it.

Exactly, otherwise you could say that Verstappen shouldnt have been awarded points for the farce that was Spa. At least they followed the rules (although very warped)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom