Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
In retrospect, I bet Masi is wishing he'd done exactly that. Red flag the race immediately after the Latifi incident then you get a straight fight between Lewis and Max on fresh tyres over several laps.

Which would certainly have been more satisfactory than the end that we got. Even if it makes the rest of the race pointless...well, more pointless.

Soldato
To be fair to Verstappen when was the last time a driver won the championship in a lesser car? It rarely happens and I think it would have to go back to Raikkonen in 2007.

Not sure i buy the RB being the lesser car this season to be honest. Its led the most laps and won the most races hasn't it? Max would've won Baku too if it wasn't for his tyre blowout. I'd say they were pretty well matched whilst having circuits that each ran better on.

Associate
F1 rules have always been a joke

This is exactly what I think.

This has been a problem for many many years with inconsistency with rules and stewards, owners and Bernie/Max interfering or changing things to suite there own agenda and profits.

Shame it had to end like this but there was a certain inevitability about it given the way this season has progressed.

114 pages already and an argument that will drag on till the next season starts is exactly what Liberty want.

fez

fez

Caporegime
"In F1 too many things overshadow the racing. There is too much politics.”
K.Raikkonen esq.

When you have a sport that doesn't have much racing a lot of the time you have to manufacture the drama at every opportunity. A lot of the rules are designed to add randomness to results and try to make the banal exciting.

Caporegime
When you have a sport that doesn't have much racing a lot of the time you have to manufacture the drama at every opportunity. A lot of the rules are designed to add randomness to results and try to make the banal exciting.

Which makes it awful, because it's just a fabrication.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Not sure i buy the RB being the lesser car this season to be honest. Its led the most laps and won the most races hasn't it? Max would've won Baku too if it wasn't for his tyre blowout. I'd say they were pretty well matched whilst having circuits that each ran better on.
First half was all RB. Merc came out slow.
Last 4 races was mostly Merc with some luck.

Going by stats the RB was quicker.

Associate
There's no shot they overturn it. Whichever way it goes the loser will take it to court, then its the courts decision. If the FIA overturn it they admit fault now, why do that when they can let CAS decide.

Associate
So... Yes, he did overtake, but when the safety car ended he was behind so it's fine(??).

Ok then, one driver either side of the leader behind the safety car, just nudge forwards and backwards a bit from time to time. As long as he's ahead at the safety car line it's all good. (!?)

These small overtakes happen constantly during safety car periods and on the formation lap as cars accelerate/brake sharply. They have never been punished previously as long as an advantage is not gained or the place is not given back. If this was punished, then next season it would open the door to lead drivers brake testing the person behind to give them a 5s penalty when they go an inch in front so would become unworkable.

Soldato
In retrospect, I bet Masi is wishing he'd done exactly that. Red flag the race immediately after the Latifi incident then you get a straight fight between Lewis and Max on fresh tyres over several laps.
Sky Sports confirmed, that after the Kimi crash on the same corner (Friday) they asked Masi if he would red flag the race if a incident happened there and he said no, they wouldn’t.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Masi’s response to Toto “it’s motor racing” annoyed me. I bet he wanted to hurt someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom