Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Not sure i buy the RB being the lesser car this season to be honest. Its led the most laps and won the most races hasn't it? Max would've won Baku too if it wasn't for his tyre blowout. I'd say they were pretty well matched whilst having circuits that each ran better on.

Newey said in post race interview that the RB was the quicker car also...

Caporegime
First half was all RB. Merc came out slow.
Last 4 races was mostly Merc with some luck.

Going by stats the RB was quicker.

Not for 99.9% of the final deciding race, until a complete outsider, who should be totally impartial, gives them the title on a plate.

Soldato
These small overtakes happen constantly during safety car periods and on the formation lap as cars accelerate/brake sharply. They have never been punished previously as long as an advantage is not gained or the place is not given back. If this was punished, then next season it would open the door to lead drivers brake testing the person behind to give them a 5s penalty when they go an inch in front so would become unworkable.

Schumacher got a penalty for overtaking on the formation lap, although it was a full overtake not 30cms!

Soldato
I expect the protest will be denied and it will end up in court. There's no question that the rules weren't followed so I don't see how Hamilton doesn't eventually become champ here, what a mess for everyone. If Max thinks he's won and it gets taken away it would be gut wrenching for him, and if Hamilton is crowned champ then he didn't get to properly celebrate his record breaking 8th title. Michael Masi should be ashamed.

They could admit race control was in the wrong, but also absolve Red Bull and Max of fault allowing them to keep WDC.
They could also just void the race result which would also keep Max WDC.

So there is ways to get rid of Masi whilst also not changing the WDC result.

Its going to come down to if the FIA are prepared to admit they messed up.

Soldato
Sky Sports confirmed, that after the Kimi crash on the same corner (Friday) they asked Masi if he would red flag the race if a incident happened there and he said no, they wouldn’t.

Yeah I remember them saying that on commentary actually. Masi painting himself into a corner again, why doesn't he just keep his mouth shut, both to the media and also chatting with the team principles during races?!

Soldato
They could admit race control was in the wrong, but also absolve Red Bull and Max of fault allowing them to keep WDC.

100%this is what will happen.

Mistakes were made but neither team are at fault - ergo - thing stand as they are... Masi gets booted.

Soldato

Then what about all the other teams and drivers that are at a loss due to no fault of their own..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom