Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Heck of a change from October in the Turkey GP thread when you were still declaring this to be one of the best seasons in recent history:
I'm not sure what your point is? Of course opinion has changed, didn't you notice the last few races? I don't disagree with what I said back then anyway - it's obviously been a fantastically exciting season but to end it like this has forever tainted it. Like, duh :confused:

No it wont. Max won, everyone has accepted it apart from you it seems.
When they do the highlight reel of Max's career they'll be hard pushed to show the final lap of Abu Dhabi 2021 without some context of the safety car restart etc. It's there for all of history. Just like people keep talking about Schumacher's incidents, this will be the same. I'll accept Max is champion now that Merc have withdrawn the appeal, but as I said it's forever tainted, and in a lot of people's minds he's champion on paper only, and only because of Masi's outrageous decision making.

I'll continue to argue against anyone that says he deserves it, because I still have the opinion that he's an unfair and dangerous driver in a toxic team that thinks politically lobbying throughout the race and season is the only way to win.

Soldato
I guess we’ll see what comes out of this review. I hope something positive as Merc are giving up their chance to, rightfully, force the issue. Though it’s the FIA so doubt anything will change.

I strongly suspect that Mercedes will have warned the FIA that, should a proper review and subsequent changes not take place, they'll walk away from the sport.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The FIA played a blinder here.

By putting out that press release saying they'll investigate and review the events, along with the teams and drivers etc they've effectively shown willing to Mercedes who've taken that bait.

I didn't want the title to be taken from Max but I did want Mercedes to rinse the FIA in the courts and make them out to be the inept fools they are. Oh well.

I'd liken it to being suspected of cheating on your wife then before the other woman gets in there to blow things wide open, you rush in to some marriage counselling and take her on a holiday whilst you try to smooth things over.

Soldato
That's me done with F1, what's the point of investing in watching a whole season for it to be decided in the last few seconds by some imaginary rule that the race director decided on the spot, not felt this waste of time since Game of Thrones ended (although it did have a lot of anti-climax warnings in the build up to the last season).

Associate
The FIA played a blinder here.

By putting out that press release saying they'll investigate and review the events, along with the teams and drivers etc they've effectively shown willing to Mercedes who've taken that bait.

I didn't want the title to be taken from Max but I did want Mercedes to rinse the FIA in the courts and make them out to be the inept fools they are. Oh well.

I'd liken it to being suspected of cheating on your wife then before the other woman gets in there to blow things wide open, you rush in to some marriage counselling and take her on a holiday whilst you try to smooth things over.

it was going to be a show trial. It’s the FIA judging the FIA l, how do you think that will end.

Mercedes pulling out of the appeal was always going to happen. The result was never going to change.

The FIA will do one of two things. Conduct a proper review and fundamental change or double down and go full entertainment mode.

Soldato
I can see Mercedes staff dishing out a lot of 'we want to win this season on track without relying on stewarding interference', 'we won't leave it to the race director to decide this year' comments in interviews next year. Whilst they'll drop the appeal, I think they'll continue to dig away at the idea it was an undeserved title just to get under Red Bull and Verstappen's skin.

Soldato
I can see Mercedes staff dishing out a lot of 'we want to win this season on track without relying on stewarding interference', 'we won't leave it to the race director to decide this year' comments in interviews next year. Whilst they'll drop the appeal, I think they'll continue to dig away at the idea it was an undeserved title just to get under Red Bull and Verstappen's skin.
Exactly and Max won't be able to escape the shadow no matter what he and the team say, indeed the team employees will well know what a mess it is.
In fact the more they publicise it the worse it will get, the only people who will really think it was fairly won will be die hard Max fans and superficial people who are just near f1 for the reflection.
Even the die hard Max fans will know really, but they will take it because its all they've got.

Soldato
You need to see the context. I'm not just referring to people in here but the wider social media..

I consider my self neutral in this, your post suggest that I'm one of the other two groups because I accepted the result. It seems like Merc and Lewis accepted it as well. Are you calling them Max's fans or bigots?

Soldato
I consider my self neutral in this, your post suggest that I'm one of the other two groups because I accepted the result. It seems like Merc and Lewis accepted it as well. Are you calling them Max's fans or bigots?

HA stop trying to make out something it's not and putting words into my mouth. Merc acknowledge it - accepted it Nah...

It's done with now. Nothing will change it.. Merc bottled it and rolled over..

Soldato
It's done with now. Nothing will change it.. Merc bottled it and rolled over..

That's what I find most shocking. I can almost understand not persevering with it if it was just a win in isolation. This win gave away the flipping championship which they had taken from them for no fault of their own and just following the rules placed out.

Soldato
Exactly and Max won't be able to escape the shadow no matter what he and the team say
I'd like to see a lot of Max effigies next year. Little paper dolls with his face on and "paper champ 2021" written on :p Anything to rile him. Unlike Hamilton, he doesn't drive well angry. He doesn't drive well anyway, mind..

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Hamilton will not participate in today’s FIA prizegiving ceremony, which he is required by the regulations to attend having finished second in the world championship. Wolff has also decided to skip the ceremony. “I won’t be there because of my loyalty to Lewis and because of my own personal integrity,” he explained.

Fine incoming for Lewis and Mercedes. Ironic that there's a regulation for this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom