Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I think there is half a chance he will retire. Fun game, who would replace him?

I think there's roughly 0% chance he'll retire; but fun game none-the-less.

My money is on Nyck de Vries. He's in the Mercedes stable, they can pull him from the Formula E team without much drama, and Wolff has been shopping around trying to get him a seat this year.

As to other potential candidates: I don't think Bottas would want it, I think he's happy to move on; Gasly is a Red Bull driver under contract, not much chance of that; Gio is surely too poor a driver to want; Piastri is too tied to Alpine, Merc wouldn't take him unless they release him from contract; Mick Schumacher could be a possibility if they can lever him away from Haas I guess, but would Ferrari want him going to their rival?

Hmm, actually thinking some more: Ocon. Ocon is experienced enough in F1, Mercedes associated, and frees up an F1 seat in Alpine for Piastri so I'm not sure Alpine would fight too hard to keep him.

Soldato
I agree with them dropping the appeal.

They wouldn’t get justice in a Mickey Mouse trial.

Wise choice to save their money and spend it on something more useful - like doing their talking on track.

Likewise, throwing in jabs at every opportunity during interviews and press conferences etc.

The fact the FIA have allegedly agreed to some degree of reform is an indication of their culpability in whatever the hell that was on Sunday from Masi.

I don’t think RBR will live it down. If they were really smart they would come out and call it for what it was and Max could even give it back in the spirit of sportsmanship.

Like a tennis player holding their hand up after a lucky fluke, or a snooker player tapping the table.

Whoever they follow or support, I think it’s madness that anyone thinks it is OK to make rules up on the spot and call it a legitimate course of action. But it is what it is.

It was a close competition and both drivers have been dominant over their team mates and the rest of the grid. I’m not a fan of some of Max’s driving but there’s no doubt he is a talented driver. He’s worthy of a championship but I don’t think he deserves this one. That’s not me being an anti-Maxxer, just how I feel about goalposts being moved and then justified by spurious interpretation of the regulations.

I suppose I’m always going to be in the camp of right and wrong and what happened on Sunday, to me at least, is just plain wrong and unsporting.

I should also clarify I have no issues with Max or RBR. My ire, if you want to call it that, is firmly levelled at Masi and the FIA.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I don’t think RBR will live it down. If they were really smart they would come out and call it for what it was and Max could even give it back in the spirit of sportsmanship.
Fat chance of that, Max has already said he won it on the track fair and square :p

I think both teams need to move on to 2022 and win it beyond any reasonable doubt. If there is any season where you could bet it would be policed to the letter of the law, it's next year with the focus on this recent shambles.

Associate
I think there's roughly 0% chance he'll retire; .

Agreed. Having watched the interview I think its been hyped far too much if you take the full statement and context. Hamilton will be back, no doubt.

My hope for next year is the Williams get themselves back in to the mid field properly. Be good to see a Williams driver back on the podium at some point in the next couple of seasons. I'll be off to Silverstone next year with my Williams top, hopefully it won't be to watch them plod around at the back like last time I was there!

Soldato
Fat chance of that, Max has already said he won it on the track fair and square :p

I think both teams need to move on to 2022 and win it beyond any reasonable doubt. If there is any season where you could bet it would be policed to the letter of the law, it's next year with the focus on this recent shambles.

Of course he will say that. But you can say whatever you like but the truth is the truth. It just is.

The truth is he lucked out by an incompetent decision (or worse a calculated fix) and was gifted a WDC. Not his fault of course, but sometimes the mark of a sportsman is to acknowledge when you didn’t earn a victory but won anyway.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

New thread for the 2022 season, let's leave this thread die as it's starting to become more than discussion for the Abu Dhabi GP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom