Acceptable to hit someone with a whip when they're grabbing your horse?

I have gone back and watched it again and I'm not seeing that. Sure we don't know whet happens before the clip started, but when he lets go she doesn't exactly chase him. He also does not act like he is under any threat other than the whip and could have walked away at any point.

Have a look at the full video on the Brighton Hunt Sabateurs facebook page. It clearly shows the woman riding her horse into at least one protester which was the only reason the rein was grabbed hold of. Even though they were on private land she should never have used the horse in such a way. As with most of these neither parties come away looking like an angel.

V F

V F

Soldato
Funny how there are always people filming an incident before it happens as if they were trying to stage it. Therefor it can be reported so it can be used to whip up the public for all the clicks and ratings. Then trending on social media for the ads and clicks then eventually big discussions on chat shows.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
As a horse rider, no, you don't touch someone's horse or the rider full stop. Nobody is going to come off well.

As for this situation... they're all idiots.

Permabanned
:confused:

I thought according to you education was just a brainwashing agenda by the liberal elite and you are always moaning like **** about students and people with an education!

I am talking about a proper education, private or public school stuff. Not Slopton-in-the-Slush comprehensive then the bent LSE ;)

But even a basic education from Slopton-in-the-Slush should be teaching simple spelling...

I smell class warfare in this thread, and the smell is potent <LOL>

Soldato
Yep. Need to watch full video. Blame on both sides. All just like each othet really. Never forget my English teacher at school telling us there are two types of snob. One who think they are better than others and one who think they are worse than others. What your seeing here.

Soldato
There's a lot of cover ups in this, what actually happened was the horse was used to charge some of the protesters, and when a guy grabbed the reigns to stop this, the woman lashed out. One of my FB friends is a bit of a animal rights activist :p
Is there evidence to this effect?

Soldato
It's more like someone driving down their own private driveway, and some trespasser deliberately gets it the way and then tries to take control of the car. You'd hit him until he stops, simple as that.

no, it's more like someone driving down their own private driveway to do a spot of needless animal terrifying and butchery, and some trespasser gets in the way and so you deliberately try to run them over with your car, they then try to sensibly take control of the car. So you hit him until he stops, simple as that.

B@

Soldato
Funny how there are always people filming an incident before it happens as if they were trying to stage it. Therefor it can be reported so it can be used to whip up the public for all the clicks and ratings. Then trending on social media for the ads and clicks then eventually big discussions on chat shows.

If you're trying to catch someone in illegal activity (fox hunting) then getting evidence on film is kind of the point. It is also common practice (and very sensible) to take a camera along when you think you might be assaulted and need evidence later. In fact, you may have noticed that it is common practice to take a camera everywhere regardless. I predict you have a camera with you right now.

As a horse rider, no, you don't touch someone's horse or the rider full stop. Nobody is going to come off well.

As for this situation... they're all idiots.

I don't see equivalence between hunting an animal and wanting to stop it. One of these groups has a motivation I respect. Somebody mentioned drag hunting - it's routinely used as a fig leaf to cover real hunting. The police typically have no interest in investigating and prosecuting so the main protection for foxes are people like this.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks to me like (after watching the Daily Fail clip) that the woman on the horse has lost her temper / is acting the billy big ********s and is attempting to intimidate the protesters by threatening them with running them down.

The fella that grabs the horse is also out of order, but probably acting in panic / self defence. The woman then assaults him further with a riding crop.

That's dangerous and common assault. She's lucky she didn't injure him more badly or she would in all probability and quite rightly, get locked up for ABH.

The trespass is irrelevant. You can't just decide to forcibly eject someone from your (is it even hers?) property without exceptional circumstances and with moderate force. Certainly not from a field, whilst riding a horse... That's totally excessive. If she's trying to do so, which it looks like she is, she should definitely be charged with common assault at least.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom