Accoustic Transparent fabric

Soldato
Hi

does anyone have any recommendations of fabric or suppliers for a good acoustically transparent screen?

I’m just looking for the fabric to make a 3.5x1.5m screen

is anybody running a diy at screen if so what is your screen set up?

many thanks

Soldato
What's the budget? I'm planning on Dreamscreen's v.7 material and know of no better option. Seymour's XD and UF materials are good too and cheaper. There's cheap Spandex DIY options too.

Soldato
OP
£200 max really. I ordered some spandex. Gonna try it. How much is dreamscreen who's the suplie of that ?

ahh hah

So to buy Just the fabric, the cheaper v6 is £1500. Lol. that's totally out of my price range. It may be awesome and all that but The point of my Diying it to to save money I currently have a painted wall which cost a fiver and is fine. I just want a accoustic screen to put speakers behind. I'm sure the spandex will be fine, if this is the only other alternative. Like is there nothing between £5.99/m a /metre and £1500 for a 2x4m piece of fabric ?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd go for a spandex screen for that budget. You can apparently they very good results too, especially if you have the lumens for your screen size. Check out the diy section of the avs forum screen section - you'll find everything you need there.

Back
Top Bottom