Acer B326HUL 32" Widescreen LED Professional/Gaming Slim Bezel Flicker Free Monitor -

Soldato
OP
OcUK Staff
Hi there

Don't wait to long as this is not an official Acer price, this is just OcUK getting rid of this stock and they could be all gone by this time next week and then you'll have to buy elsewhere at the typical price our competitors are selling these for which is close to the £500

Right now OcUK is destroying the competition on monitors and were having a crazy week in the run up to Black Friday.

Caporegime
Got it and quickly set it up. First impressions? Love it, such awesome value at this price :cool:

Will go into more detail tomorrow :)

Love how TV eps are full screen (I watch a fair bit on my monitor). Bought the LG 34" but could live with the major letterboxing of TV eps (although movies were *awesome* in 21:9)

For me it's a nice compromise and does well space-wise;

http://www.displaywars.com/32-inch-16x9-vs-34-inch-21x9

Soldato
Sorry JF you got the Acer or the Sammy?

If you could post some pics and comments tonight that would be smashing as I want to put an order in for one.
But just want some first hand experience of the panel!

Soldato
Well, I am liking the Sammy so far.

No bleed whatsoever, and the contrast really is good on MVA panels.

Responsive enough for my needs, even playing Titanfall.

Colours are good too my eye.

If I could have got the Acer for that price elsewhere I would have tried it. Though I didn't mind paying more for the Sammy, as I have always felt Acer to be cheap - but my experience is limited to their notebooks.

I think this will do me until the monitor market has settled and all these new techs are out and mature.

Am thinking the 21:9 curved MVA will be the way to go when the time comes.

Soldato
OP
Gibbo how does the Acer rate compared against the Sammy 32"?

Hi there

Don't wait to long as this is not an official Acer price, this is just OcUK getting rid of this stock and they could be all gone by this time next week and then you'll have to buy elsewhere at the typical price our competitors are selling these for which is close to the £500

Right now OcUK is destroying the competition on monitors and were having a crazy week in the run up to Black Friday.

I am in no rush but more importantly I want to read a hands on review rather than buy on spec. I doubt if I will buy till next year anyway so price is irrelevant just now. And I think I would prefer the Samsung anyway. I have two TV's from them which are excellent.

Soldato
Argh. Im not sure what to go for now....

I was considering the Sammy but it would look out of place with the goldish bezel.
So its either the Acer or Benq... but people have complained about the Acer ghosting issues?

Grrr this is so frustrating....

Soldato
Is it really goldish?

Am sitting in front of the Sammy now, and I would describe it more as gunmetal grey...

Edit:
Though it looks like the Sammy uses PWM at something less than 27% brightness.

Didn't think to check beforehand.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Acer B326HUL

QUOTE:

"Our colour calibration tool recorded a high contrast ratio of 2553:1, while black levels were a very low 0.1cd/m2. These impressive figures translated into excellent subjective image quality; colours in our test photographs were bright and vibrant, while our solid colour tests showed greens, blues and particularly reds to be strong and vivid. Details in both bright and dark areas of our test photos were clear and crisp, while blacks appeared strong and inky thanks to the minimal amount of light leaking through from the screen's backlight"

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/accessories/pc-monitors/1400247/acer-b326hul-review

Last edited:
Soldato
What is it with people in this thread and broken links? :)

Cav, it really doesn't look gold to my eye.

Maybe best looking on google for some user images though...

Back
Top Bottom