Acer CZ350CK 35" UltraWide monitor

Associate
OP
I took the plunge, found it elsewhere for £449, cant argue with that price.

So far I am very happy, looks amazing, I am struggling to see why its so much cheaper!

Money saved has been spent on a new GPU. :)

Associate
I was looking at the £339 ElectricQ but the reviews don't bode well for long term reliability. Great find. I might jump on this as well once my new GPU arrives.

I would also be interested on your thoughts on the monitor once received. Is there any smearing or ghosting?

Associate
I had one for a couple days...

Disgusting amount of bleeding/clouding. Also did the same flashing with gridlines that the Massdrop Vast does when using freesync.

*checking rules regarding image size before I get told off...!*

Last edited:
Associate
OP
First impressions are good, not noticed any backlight bleeding, but will have a closer look later. Waiting for my Vega 56 to arrive tomorrow, then I can game properly and give a proper verdict.

Had a good look for stuck / dead pixels though, and looks perfect.

Do people use any specific programs to test for ghosting etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
With regards to Backlight bleeding. Yes, there is some, but I can only really see it with the lights off. It is a VA panel though, so I would expect some bleeding.

So far its not a problem for me, will see if I notice it once I install the new GPU and play a few games.

Associate
Can you see any bleed in a dimly lit room? You can see in the pic above that I was in a lit room and could see terrible bleed on my ElectriQ 35...!

There is only one 35" VA 3440x1440 panel, made by AUO, so whether it is £450 or £800 they are all the same panel with a different dress, and most likely different electronics. Even the Vast/Electriq 35 has the same panel...but as you can see, mine was terrible!

Associate
I've had the cz350ck for the past few days. A few salient points:
  • It's a VA. It's a good display for what it is, but it's a VA. Coming from a nice 4k IPS, the difference is noticeable
  • It's almost certainly a z35. I've seen one of those, and the panel looks the same. I'd consider it the Freesync version of the much more expensive z35.
  • Stand (which has the nice feature of attaching sans screw) and build is rather quality. Nothing fancy, but solid
  • Color calibration was ridiculous out of the box, but spent some time adjusting and now is probably best VA I've used
  • It can be OC'ed in NV settings to 120hz no problem; works with gysnc (on my GTX 1080 ti) no problem
I'd say if you're bent on getting an ultrawide, this is THE lower-cost option; if you're coming from IPS, be prepared to adjust (which would be the case with any VA)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've had the cz350ck for the past few days. A few salient points:
  • It's a VA. It's a good display for what it is, but oh God, it's a VA. Coming from a nice 4k IPS, the quality is noticeable
  • It's almost certainly a z35. I've seen one of those, and the panel looks the same
  • Stand (which has the nice feature of attaching sans screw) and build is rather quality. Nothing fancy, but solid
  • Color calibration was ridiculous out of the box, but spent some time adjusting and now is probably best VA I've used
  • It can be OC'ed in NV settings to 120hz no problem; works with gysnc (on my GTX 1080 ti) no problem
I'd say if you're bent on getting an ultrawide, this is a great lower-cost option; if you're coming from IPS, be prepared for disappointment

I'm also very impressed, I came from a 24" VA panel, so I don't have that issue.

Money saved has got me a Vega 56, and now my games look awesome :)

Any chance you could post the settings you have used please?

Associate
OP
I don't know what to go for now. Got a 3415w currently, and can budget up to £700 as I don't want to spend £1100 on the LG. I was set on this after realising that the ElectricQ was too risky, but I didn't know that IPS was so much better than VA :confused:

I had an IPS monitor before my last one, and I did notice a difference, mainly in colour, but I got used to it.

Last edited:
Associate
I've already asked, and they couldn't drop, tighter margins. The others have probably bought many more at a deeper discount from their suppliers..
Harmattan, what differences are you noticing vs an IPS? I'll be coming from a decent IPS-like panel (S-PLS).
I did notice on the ElectriQ 35" that darker transitions were very slow but didn't know if it was just down to the panel or the probably rubbish display driver in that thing. There was only one overdrive setting, called "response time", and it was already on.

But compromises need to be made I think, especially due to cost! 34-35" IPS ultrawides cost twice as much as this!

Back
Top Bottom