Acer G24 Screen

Associate
ok I checked it this morning, and the repair status is now "Closed" whatever that means...

Im asuming it means its repaired. So I'm expecting to get it back either tomorrow or monday

Associate
Ok, I emailed Acer, asking if "Closed" meant that the unit had been repaired, and was being shipped back to me, and this is the reply I got:

Hello, Thank you for contacting Acer.

Regarding your enquiry,

This would normally be the case, but we have actually deemed this unit to be beyond economical repair, you will be issued a replacement unit of equal or better specification.

Regards
Simon

Acer Technical Support Team
Extremely good new indeed :)
I must say, I'm actually really happy. They must have thought exactly the same as I did, when they looked at the monitor, and thought it would be easier to just replace it lol.

EDIT: I just recieved my new G24 this morning, and so far, I must say, im very happy with it. Theres little, to no backlight bleeding, no annoying hissing sound (yet. iv'e only had it on about 20 mins) and the brightness is much more uniform, although it's still a little darker towards the top, but its nowhere near as bad as my previous G24. Needless to say, im pretty happy with this one. Lets hope nothing goes wrong with it in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Associate
thats nice to hear Loque

In other news it seems like the Acer G24 has gone down in price again
it was £333 now its £305

Heres hoping it will go down even more!
Come on hit the sweet spot
make it £280!
Please
Pretty Please :p

Associate
nah, I dont have a PS3 or a blueray player.

I've since found 1 dead pixel, that I just can't seem to get rid of. Though I don't think its dead, as it shows up red on a white background, but i've tried tapping, and massaging it away, with no joy.

Soldato
thats nice to hear Loque

In other news it seems like the Acer G24 has gone down in price again
it was £333 now its £305

Heres hoping it will go down even more!
Come on hit the sweet spot
make it £280!
Please
Pretty Please :p

£280 - Not a chance. The price will eventually go up again. We've still got some deal stock we're doing a cheaper price on.:)

Soldato
nah, I dont have a PS3 or a blueray player.

I've since found 1 dead pixel, that I just can't seem to get rid of. Though I don't think its dead, as it shows up red on a white background, but i've tried tapping, and massaging it away, with no joy.

mine just disappeared after a long gaming session i think, even tho mine were black (which from what i read meant they are dead) so give it a bit of time i guess.

Associate
Hay guys thought you might like a picture of a blue one.

Every few hours it would make a loud buzzing noise so have sent it back for a replacement, but when it wasn't buzzing it was the best monitor I have ever used.

Associate
I think it may just be my eyes or something decieving me, but after a days use, i'm seeing the same amount of backlight bleeding, and again, the upper part of the screen is darker that the lower part......

surely im not that unlucky....

Associate
im beginning to think that there might be something near my monitor thats causing the backlight bleed.... is there anything that can cause it?

surely im not unlucky enough to get 2 monitors with the same issues?

Back
Top Bottom