acer laptop help needed plz

Associate
Hi ..im having a few problems with this laptop since buying it 6 months
> ago. Its only used for internet there is no third party programs only
> microsoft security essentials .. The laptop keeps freezing ,,geting blue
> screen errors...when put in sleep mode ..sometimes it wont wake up i have
> to hold start button down till switch on again..they machine is slow
> aswell ...i had to reinstall from acer recovery 2 days ago after blue
> screen error ...thanks for any help ..... i'm trying to find an email adress for acer uk but cant find one ..i got a fone number but no good as i am deaf and wear hearing aids.... John

Soldato
If you've recovered it and it's still blue screening then that would suggest a hardware fault. Contact the place you purchased it from they should have a route to get it repaired.

Associate
OP
If you've recovered it and it's still blue screening then that would suggest a hardware fault. Contact the place you purchased it from they should have a route to get it repaired.

it blue screened then went wrong had to restore from acer backup...john

Last edited:
Associate
OP
i have emailed acer and they were as helpful as nothing... b4 geting the laptop and looking at it they were saying its a software problem and they would charge me £75 .i didnt realize they could examin it by email... can someone answer me this question..i think its windows even as soon as i do a acer restore it plays up ..i only use the lappy for internet so only put microsoft essentials on it ..nothing else...i have just bought a new rig from OC and have a new copy of windows 7 on it...can i put it on my laptop or is it only for one machine only...John

Soldato
If you just want to test then you can use a trail version for 30 days. If you still get errors tell them you tried a restore and a fresh install and both had issues.

If they try and charge you then tell them its still under warranty and they can kiss your ass.

Associate
OP
If you just want to test then you can use a trail version for 30 days. If you still get errors tell them you tried a restore and a fresh install and both had issues.

If they try and charge you then tell them its still under warranty and they can kiss your ass.

ok thanks for that..what there trying to say is i.v put 3rd party software on the laptop and its that what causing the problems ..then when i told them it only had microsoft software on they were still saying it was software...John
where do i get a trial version from..thanks

Back
Top Bottom