Acer Predator CG437K P - 43", 4K, 144Hz, HDR-1000

Associate
On Reddit theres at least 2 people who have it - one in singapore and one in the states.

One alleges its RGB and a lot better then the Asus however he then found out its BGR.

Take it with a pinch of salt. There is a review out but I use the term loosely https://www.windowscentral.com/acer-predator-cg437k-p-review

Having a quick read one person claims its a lot better then the Asus 43 etc. (

To be fair until a proper review site actually looks at it - its hard to tell.

Associate
On Reddit theres at least 2 people who have it - one in singapore and one in the states.

One alleges its RGB and a lot better then the Asus however he then found out its BGR.

Take it with a pinch of salt. There is a review out but I use the term loosely https://www.windowscentral.com/acer-predator-cg437k-p-review

Having a quick read one person claims its a lot better then the Asus 43 etc. (

To be fair until a proper review site actually looks at it - its hard to tell.
Thank you for posting the link to the review, I have been checking all over the web to find a review for long time now and that is actually the first one i read.

Too bad there is no mention about the panel, or how it works with text etc. Need to find out a review of this monitor from someone who has tested the Asus one also to compare.

It looks like will be my black friday purchase of next year if its not horrible :p

Associate
To put it in perspectiive ! I have an alienware 34 IPS, a Samsung 49 CRG ultrawide Va and this Asus 4k 43 and for the past weeks have really enjoyed playing COD on 4K 43 inches.

I have a 55 OLED and its lovely but way to big to be really enjoyable. Whats the point of having great HDR when you get neck ache. Yeah some people have had success with a 55 as a main monitor - I guess everyone tolerance is different.

Associate
To put it in perspectiive ! I have an alienware 34 IPS, a Samsung 49 CRG ultrawide Va and this Asus 4k 43 and for the past weeks have really enjoyed playing COD on 4K 43 inches.

I have a 55 OLED and its lovely but way to big to be really enjoyable. Whats the point of having great HDR when you get neck ache. Yeah some people have had success with a 55 as a main monitor - I guess everyone tolerance is different.
How is the Asus in regards to text as i read a lot of complaints online? I want a big monitor to do gaming but also software development.

Associate
Looking at your needs and I guess you dont game that much why not just choose a 43 IPS 60Hz display ?

Do you have a 2080 ti to run a 4k display above 60 ?

One thing I have noticed on these and other forums is the amount of people with graphics card unable to run their monitors they want.

On the other hand we have people with 2080 TI who run low res small screens.

Its a crazy world

Associate
Looking at your needs and I guess you dont game that much why not just choose a 43 IPS 60Hz display ?

One thing I have noticed on these and other forums is the amount of people with graphics card unable to run their monitors they want.

Its a crazy world

I want this monitor so I can run a custom UW resolution of 3840 x 1080 on it. And since it's a 4k, I can easily run a 1080p resolution on some fps intensive games too.

Hell, I could even run a SUW 3840 x 1080 resolution on it!

Let's hope the reviews turn out great, I'm very scared of the VA panel.

Associate

Its a crazy world

I understand that but to give you an idea i don't change tech often, my pc i just moved from was built in 2008 and was adding gpus to it.
My monitor is a 16:10 1080p 24k from 2007, so i like to future proof as much as i can.

My system has 2xvega 56 nitro and a 3950x but i want to be able to multitask and i like the big screen estate. But in the future i will get rid of the 2 vegas because xfire is not properly supported and get mostly a gpu that can do good fps.

I might buy a 40inch tv (panasonic) but i am not sure because they go from 4k to 1080p not 1440p option i think which is where a single vega 56 would be good, plus no freesync which is something i would like to use.

For me a 43 incher that does 120hz or more, and doesn't have the stupid issue that the Philips momentum has and so i can be able to use it for my software development training and work and encoding projects, would be better than say get a 49" super ultra wide which would restrain me to black bars on console gaming, or fish eye effect etc.

Associate
I hope this arrives before march 3, i've not been 100% sure about getting this now, as I only upgrade monitors every 3-4 years. Sony keep sending out rumours about the PS5 doing up to 8k. Personally I think that has to be utter balls.
4k at 60Hz is far more likely for the ps5. Which is another good reason for me looking at this monitor. I currently have a Dell S2761DG which has been great for pc. but only has 1 HDMI port and that's 1.4 (30Hz).

Associate
I understand that but to give you an idea i don't change tech often, my pc i just moved from was built in 2008 and was adding gpus to it.
My monitor is a 16:10 1080p 24k from 2007, so i like to future proof as much as i can.

My system has 2xvega 56 nitro and a 3950x but i want to be able to multitask and i like the big screen estate. But in the future i will get rid of the 2 vegas because xfire is not properly supported and get mostly a gpu that can do good fps.

I might buy a 40inch tv (panasonic) but i am not sure because they go from 4k to 1080p not 1440p option i think which is where a single vega 56 would be good, plus no freesync which is something i would like to use.

For me a 43 incher that does 120hz or more, and doesn't have the stupid issue that the Philips momentum has and so i can be able to use it for my software development training and work and encoding projects, would be better than say get a 49" super ultra wide which would restrain me to black bars on console gaming, or fish eye effect etc.

Well mate if you can hold out to the sales etc and get it for a good price its a keeper.

I paid around 60% RRP for a used Asus one and very happy at that price. The acer might be better though but i still wouldnt pay 100%

Associate
I hope this arrives before march 3, i've not been 100% sure about getting this now, as I only upgrade monitors every 3-4 years. Sony keep sending out rumours about the PS5 doing up to 8k. Personally I think that has to be utter balls.
4k at 60Hz is far more likely for the ps5. Which is another good reason for me looking at this monitor. I currently have a Dell S2761DG which has been great for pc. but only has 1 HDMI port and that's 1.4 (30Hz).

To be fair I would probably get the latest OLED Tv when the PS5 / Xbox 2 hit

Permabanned
What are the pros and cons for DSC or for needing two DP cables?
Edit: "DSC seems to be possible only with amd's radeon navi arhitecture" No cons since no data or quality is lost with DSC but with two dp's you wont be able to enable freesync and hdr, some issues with drivers and some users reported displays going black sometimes for a few seconds once in a while. I'd run this with only one dp port 120hz 4:2:2 chroma or 98hz 4:4:4 and tbh I'm still waiting for proper reviews with measurements cause its the same panel as xg438q and that one is having some overshoot at 120hz due to slow pixel response according to tftcentral.

Last edited:
Associate
I got mine yesterday, I am form Germany. Before I had the Philips 436M6VBPAB.

This is what i found out:
- Much more better Picture as the Phillips
- The Acer has FreeSync 2 and the G-Sync Logo on it
- With G-Sync you can go up to 120Hz
- 144 Hz is only possible with a Radeon Card
- I have a 2080Ti and I can Play PUBG in UHD with 80-100 fps, all Settings on maxium
- Text is much better as on Philips

I think it is a very good Display. I was waiting for this About 2 years. I also know the Reviews of the asus and I think the Acer
is much better!

Associate
I got mine yesterday, I am form Germany. Before I had the Philips 436M6VBPAB.

This is what i found out:
- Much more better Picture as the Phillips
- The Acer has FreeSync 2 and the G-Sync Logo on it
- With G-Sync you can go up to 120Hz
- 144 Hz is only possible with a Radeon Card
- I have a 2080Ti and I can Play PUBG in UHD with 80-100 fps, all Settings on maxium
- Text is much better as on Philips

I think it is a very good Display. I was waiting for this About 2 years. I also know the Reviews of the asus and I think the Acer
is much better!
This is very interesting and blows my plans on getting a tv or the 436M6VBPAB for the interim until this goes a bit cheaper...

Would you recommend the philips for text or is it horrible? The reviews all bash it but also say good stuff for the monitor.

Well done on getting the Acer sounds like an awesome purchase.

Associate
This is very interesting and blows my plans on getting a tv or the 436M6VBPAB for the interim until this goes a bit cheaper...

Would you recommend the philips for text or is it horrible? The reviews all bash it but also say good stuff for the monitor.

Well done on getting the Acer sounds like an awesome purchase.

I would recommend the Philips as a good Display for both, gaming and text, I also worked quite 12 Months with is and I think the Philips has a great Price (Germany About 500€).
The Acer is just an other Ligue for the Price of 1500€ ;)

I worked at Zoom Level 125-150 for text, and it worked out for me.

Soldato
I’ve got one had it about week and half.

Don’t really do much browsing on that PC but text at 125-150 is fine none of that strangeness that was seen in the Asus reviews.

Mainly play WOW and it’s amazing 4K max settings with HDR, moved from an X34A which now is my second monitor.

Back
Top Bottom