Acer Predator XB271HU - upgrade to the XB270HU

OcUK Staff
Great stuff coming from Acer, in gaming sector they are now pretty much our best selling monitors, absolutely owning it. :)

Associate
Well that's a nice stab in the ribs to those of us that bought the XB270HU and persevered with it through its issues.

Not impressed that it's replaced with an updated model so soon.

Who knows, maybe OCUK or Acer will offer an upgrade/replacement program.

Associate
frame-less appearance? it has a pretty chunky looking frame / bezel to me. still, these are much less ugly than their predecessors.

Well that's a nice stab in the ribs to those of us that bought the XB270HU and persevered with it through its issues.

Not impressed that it's replaced with an updated model so soon.

Who knows, maybe OCUK or Acer will offer an upgrade/replacement program.

Dream on ...

Associate
I wonder if they have improved the backlight bleed issue with the new design.

The older XB270HU is well known for having bad backlight bleed.

Associate
I bet we see a continued massive price drop of the XB270HU over the next couple of months.

Although we know how fast these monitors come to market... see you in 2016 XB271HU

(Still waiting for my Acer Predator X34 - hoping it wont be made redundant in 3 months from time of release)

Associate
Great stuff? Owning it?... Acer wouldn't know quality if it was smashed into their face.

After going through 4 of the XB270HU's each with similar issues they know where they can shove this one.

Unless they miraculously have sorted themselves out in the past several months there's no chance of me picking one of these up.

Acting like they've done a good job is like a slap in the face to the people that actually bought it and had to deal with months of BS from Acer.

Massive thumbs down.

Man of Honour
OP
What a massive %^$£ you to all those that bought the XB270HU including myself.

why is it?! a slightly updated design with zero frame bezel and possibly a couple of other small changes known so far. it wont be out for a considerable amount of time i'm sure, suspect Q1 next year. so how is it an insult to XB270HU owners?

Soldato
Who had the bright idea of sticking on those ridiculous clown feet for a stand?? Oh, probably the same guy who thought all the glossy piano black plastic on the XB270HU was the way to go. Nuts.

This is going to be the Sideshow Bob of monitors if it follows in its predecessors footsteps. Basically a failure and a joke.

Last edited:
Associate
I dont believe anything Acer says.

My Acer monitors Gsync broke in 6 months, wouldnt take it to be returned and fixed. Had HORRENDOUS motion blur + ghosting. Has awful colours, no sharpness option, and the screen flickers at the bottom (really obvious on steam and some windows) all the time. So i dont believe any of this "flicker free" they promote.

Associate
why is it?! a slightly updated design with zero frame bezel and possibly a couple of other small changes known so far. it wont be out for a considerable amount of time i'm sure, suspect Q1 next year. so how is it an insult to XB270HU owners?

Because they know they screwed up with the XB270HU and so have attempted to rectify some of the consumer gripes. Those of us who have persevered with the XB270HU never expected what is in effect a revision of our current monitor so soon.

I'm happy with the picture quality of the panel on my monitor - however I would never ever buy an Acer monitor again. The build quality is just dreadful for this price point.

Back
Top Bottom