Acer Predator XR341CK/X34 34" Curved Gaming Screens with FreeSync and G-sync

Associate
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/33.htm#acer_xr341ck

Spec wise both versions offer a 34" ultra-wide screen size with 21:9 aspect ratio and a curved screen format. They are based on IPS panel technology and given we are only aware of LG.Display producing IPS-type panels in this sector, they are likely to be AH-IPS from LG.Display. The screens have a 3440 x 1440 resolution and support refresh rates up to 75Hz. Some people may be disappointed that there is not support for 120 - 144Hz but that is not possible at the moment from current IPS-type panels of this size and format. At least there is a bit of a boost beyond 60Hz potentially here which is something. The support for dynamic refresh rates via the G-sync or FreeSync technologies will help users cope with the demand of the high resolution as well here and are certainly welcome.

Acer tweeted it will be available August 2015.

Last edited:
Soldato
If dp 1.2 will be 'pushing the limits' they really shouldn't bother with 144hz and just stick at 120. I run my rog swift at 120hz all the time for a number of reasons. The difference bewteen 120 and 144 is imperceptible. Zero need for 144hz IMO.

Associate
OP
If dp 1.2 will be 'pushing the limits' they really shouldn't bother with 144hz and just stick at 120. I run my rog swift at 120hz all the time for a number of reasons. The difference bewteen 120 and 144 is imperceptible. Zero need for 144hz IMO.

Hopefully it will have ULMB mode like the Acer announced Acer. ULMB @ 120Hz is perfect.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

I have these on order, there is also looking to be a Freesync variation as well. :)

Containers will be loaded in a few weeks, they will then take a further 6-8 weeks from that point, so we expect delivery at best April but potentially as late as June as production is still not yet finalised.

But when I had these on the roadmap last month, I literally ordered as many as I can, the absolute monitor to kill all other monitors. Just a few months away......

Soldato
Hi there

I have these on order, there is also looking to be a Freesync variation as well. :)

Containers will be loaded in a few weeks, they will then take a further 6-8 weeks from that point, so we expect delivery at best April but potentially as late as June as production is still not yet finalised.

But when I had these on the roadmap last month, I literally ordered as many as I can, the absolute monitor to kill all other monitors. Just a few months away......

Yep. These specs are the 'dream monitor' I've been banging on about for a year. I never thought it would come so soon.

Any inside info on the panel type yet Gibbo?

Man of Honour
Yep. These specs are the 'dream monitor' I've been banging on about for a year. I never thought it would come so soon.

Any inside info on the panel type yet Gibbo?

Acer told me only earlier this week that specs have yet to be finalised. there's going to be a few different versions from what i can gather. sounds like some combinations of the following:

- 3400 x 1440 or 2560 x 1080 res
- G-sync or Freesync or neither

Soldato
Acer told me only earlier this week that specs have yet to be finalised. there's going to be a few different versions from what i can gather. sounds like some combinations of the following:

- 3400 x 1440 or 2560 x 1080 res
- G-sync or Freesync or neither
If this is the case, I can't see how "containers will be loaded in a few weeks" as Gibbo says?! Sounds like even THAT is months away if they're still deciding specs? I'd love to see this monitor land before summer, but is that remotely likely?

I'm also somewhat dubious that my 970 SLI setup will be able to run games at a respectable level of detail on this screen.

:confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom