Acer Veriton VT-1000 CPU Upgrade

Associate
Hello
Can I replace the CPU (Intel Core 2 Duo E4500) with a Intel Core 2 Duo E8400?
The motherboard is Acer Model # EQ965RT (Socket 775)
Ram - 2.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz (Max is 2.00GB)
is HDD - 74GB Seagate ST380815AS (SATA II)
CPU - intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.2GHz (Conroe 65nm)
Graphics - Intel Q965/Q963 Chipset
OS - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Thanks in advance
Kindest regards
doug73

Man of Honour
you'd be better off buying a whole new system rather than trying to upgrade, tbh.
same advice applies to your other thread.

Associate
OP
Hi Tamzzy,
Thanks for the early reply.
I know economically it's not wise. I'm making it a project just to see how much more performance I can squeeze from it.
I have four computers, including an iMac, so I'm OK.
As i said it's just a project, so if you do have any suggestions about my questions I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you,
Kindest regards
doug73

Associate
OP
Hi Tamzzy,
Thanks for the early reply.
I know economically it's not wise. I'm making it a project just to see how much more performance I can squeeze from it.
I have four computers, including an iMac, so I'm OK.
As i said it's just a project, so if you do have any suggestions about my questions I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you,
Kindest regards
doug73

Man of Honour
I'm making it a project just to see how much more performance I can squeeze from it.
hmm..not too sure. you'll need to look at the manufacturer's manuals to see what processor it supports. can't be of greater help than that, unfortunately.

with respect to your ssd question, you should be able to plug and play (i suspect) as the q965 chipset has sata ports, as you mentioned.
you wouldn't get the best speeds out of the ssd though, due to sata2 limitations

Back
Top Bottom