Acer Z35P Acceptable for Photo Editing?

Associate
I've just picked up a Nikon D750 so I can get back in to photography.

I have an Acer Z35P (VA panel) which has been calibrated with very good results with an i1Display Pro. I'm really happy with it for gaming and media consumption etc

However, I'm wondering if it will be acceptable for photo editing? It's only a hobby so I don't need to have exceptionally accurate colour profiles for printing etc.

As it's properly calibrated, is it really worth getting a 2nd IPS screen just for photo editing? I know the viewing angles will be better but I sit right in front anyway so that isn't particularity important.

I'd appreciate any opinions on the matter.

Thanks

Soldato
For hobby work you'll be fine. Colour accuracy can be more of an issue for printing, and even then, it's going to be more on a professional level. Hard to justify the cost of an IPS monitor in your situation.

Associate
OP
For hobby work you'll be fine. Colour accuracy can be more of an issue for printing, and even then, it's going to be more on a professional level. Hard to justify the cost of an IPS monitor in your situation.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping.

The only printing I'll be doing really is the occasional photo book for personal use and the odd photo for family and so on.

Back
Top Bottom