ACER Z35P or ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Associate
Can anyone recommend me which monitor is the one to go for between the ACER Z35P and ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q for gaming? I have a GTX 1080 and my budget, I can go for either. I've had my HP monitor at 1920 x 1200 for like 9-10 years now, think it's time for an upgrade LOL

Cheers

Rich

Soldato
Out of the 2 I'd say the PG348Q would be be better choice due to the quicker response times, so less smearing / blurring. But you are then into 'IPS Lottery' territory.

Although to be honest if you have the budget for those 2, then I'd look at the Alienware AW3418DW instead as it's the better monitor.

Review of it is here - http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_alienware_aw3418dw.htm

Then there's also the AOC AGON AG352UCG for roughly £200-£300 cheaper, and the upcoming Asus XG35VQ which is out later this month apparently, at a similar price.

Associate
OP
Cheers... for your suggestions... too many choices :/ I'll have to see if my desk will have enough room for the Alienware or the PG.. I'll read some reviews about it before I may go for the PG348Q, I can get it for like 800-900

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers... for your suggestions... too many choices :/ I'll have to see if my desk will have enough room for the Alienware or the PG.. I'll read some reviews about it before I may go for the PG348Q, I can get it for like 800-900

Out of the two the Alienware is better having tested it myself. It does have a steeper curve so it is prone to a touch more glow.

However the PG is still suffering from bad IPS bleed whereas the Alienware had next to nothing on one I tested.

Having tested all 3 (z35p,x34,Alienware 34)
The Alienware is the better panel.

Associate
OP
Soldato
That 32" Samsung model supports Freesync only. The G-Sync version isn't available yet.

Be aware that the Samsung stand is bigger than most in depth, so you need a 600mm deep desk ideally at least ( check reviews )

Then there's also the AOC AG322QCX to consider for £150 less than the Samsung.

For a 32" 1440p ips monitor with G-Sync, you'll need to wait until March / April for LG to release theirs.

Associate
OP
ok thanks moody, this is the monitor I have currently HP w2408h (2008) 9 years old :/

The AW is only a tad deeper than this so it will most likely be ok for my desk.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c01182751

H x W x D, including base (high position):
19.7 x 23.1 x 11.4 inches (50 x 58.6 x 28.9 cm)

HP_Hewlett_Packard_GM712AA_ABA_w2408h_24_Widescreen_LCD_522040.jpg

DELL are giving me an offer price as I can order it direct from them and other retailers won't get it until later in Dec :) I may just do that

***Dell Sales rep was kind as to push the delivery/stock supply to get it delivered as high priority as there is a delay with stock until later this month leading to January. It is arriving tomorrow! So happy! :D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Finally setup!! I'm loving it so much, does make me feel a bit sick, gotta get used to it. Can anyone help me set this up so I get the best results from the monitor settings?

iDFISJy.jpg

BZBcXze.jpg

Associate
OP
Thanks Pigeon Killer, yea I'm loving it my wife is not a tech person and I thought she would go mental but this morning she came in at 7am to say WOW I LOVE IT!!! :D

Battlefield 1 looks unreal with this monitor as do other games

Back
Top Bottom