** Acme [Akagi] bought a pink estate car - E30 325i project log! **

Caporegime
OP
Yeahhhhh thats mee. :D

Could have got a Tech 2 Sport for 10K.

But how much would one of those have cost me in work over 3 years of ownership? I bet it would have been a few grand.

But hey, custom Mora Metallic Individual E30 325i Touring w' Alpina C2 spec engine and E30 M3 LSD. Sounds pretty awesome to me. Maybe I'll get a "built not bought sticker" ;)

Caporegime
OP
Nah this will be way cooler than that Skoda and for less than 1/4 of the price... :p

Another £5K and it could be faster (and much, much scarier...) than that Skoda too. :eek:

And someday it will be ;)

Caporegime
OP
That Skoda is more appealing to me in pretty much every single way I'm afraid :p

Sounds like you're enjoying this project though! :)

Different strokes for different folks! The Skoda is more reliable, more refined, no doubt much easier to drive, has more creature comforts etc. I can see why it would have appeal. Hell, it appeals to me! Just in a different way.

I like having an old car. I enjoy fixing its little niggles, the lumpy cold starts, giving the cluster a friendly tap to wake up the temperature gauge, the old car smell, the incredible noise it makes, the fact that it interests people in traffic and at the pumps, allows me to go to car shows and meets and be part of an awesome community of classic BMW owners. I just don't enjoy it looking like arse. :p

I am enjoying the project and I am stoked! Its basically going from looking like a dog, to being show and shine ready, in one simple (expensive) step.

Caporegime
OP
The slammed it on serious camber with a tail pipe that sticks up and wheels with tires that don't fit!

Close? :p

Um, I hate to say it........ But I'm buying a MK1 Eunos too. And it won't have serious camber, but it will have wheels that don't fit, and tail pipes that stick up... :p

Going for the obvious choice of MX-5 for a daily driver, and BMW estate car for the weekends. :p

Soldato
Its a Eunos Roadster, its not even technically a Mazda. Just cos it was registered incorrectly when it was imported doesn't mean anything ;)
precisely :D

nowhere on my car does it say "MX-5" lol.

also depends where you look..

cazana -;

https://cazana.com/uk/car/EDD90K ! insurance companies often return eunos roadster.. not sure what info they base it on? maybe some have better logic behind.

if import = eunos roadster?! hell knows.

Caporegime
Ah well, I guess it's safe to say I'll never find myself in a place where people call their MX-5s "Eunos" as they're quite possibly the only people on the face of the earth who call them that, the rest of the world just smiles at their stupid mannerisms.

Soldato
Ah well, I guess it's safe to say I'll never find myself in a place where people call their MX-5s "Eunos" as they're quite possibly the only people on the face of the earth who call them that, the rest of the world just smiles at their stupid mannerisms.

I dunno I prefer to call it for what it is lol. It's like calling opel a vauxhall, everyone knows it's an opel.. or is it a Chevrolet? eh.

Caporegime
OP
Technically Eunos is the manufacturer, if we wanted to call it by its correct name it would be "Roadster" because the manufacturer is "Eunos" (a subsidiary of Mazda) and the model is "Roadster".

So calling it a Eunos is like calling a UK one a Mazda.

So we're all wrong. Now what. :p

Back
Top Bottom