Activision "didn't want Modern Warfare"

Soldato
i'd like them to go back to ww2 after mw2, there's just something nice about ww2 weapons if your into that kind of stuff, bolt action rifles, side orientated weapons is a big miss for me. cant wait for nov 24th though, gonna be beast

Associate
I was disappointed by the thought of Modern Warfare but not enough to not try it, once tried, I was hooked and love it.

Though I do like my WW2 carnage as much as MW, I've always wondered why there has never been a WW1 game. I suppose WW1 isn't as popular as WW2 though but I've always secretly haboured the desire to go over the top.

Soldato
Jaysus, didn't realise it sold 14 million!! I'm sure it sold a bit more because it were NOT set in WW2. Ample WW2 games out there. We needed something new.

Soldato
I want futuristic or Nam. I am bored of WW2 and the Gulf.

The problem is vietnam hasn't been done well, BF Vietnam wasn't amazing, we need something that captures the atmosphere of the war, (even if it isn't realistic, but most people wern't actually in the war) like flying around in a huey chopper shooting gooks and listening to 60s and 70s music while boshing acid.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I suppose WW1 isn't as popular as WW2

LOL :)

I think one of the reasons may be that the US was less heavily involved than in WWII, so there's less incentive for publishers. Trench warfare probably isn't all that appealing either. I agree that WWI is very overlooked when it comes to games however.

Associate
LOL. It would be like an rpg. You have to get yourself around the trenches doing fetch quests for the officers. You then have to "kill 10 rats", and ofc there will be the essential plague/disease you must get cured from (trench foot) by a doctor. Trade goods with other soliders - cigarettes for food. Then the dramatic ending part where you pop your head up run 2 meters and you die, que dramtic music.

Soldato
So glad, I've been looking for modern combat games for years.

I feel like the only gamer in the world that doesn't like World War 2 games. Am I the only one who thinks those wooden guns are rubbish? :(

Back
Top Bottom