Adobe Photoshop CS on Vista 64-Bit?

Associate
I appologise if this has been asked before, I did a brief search but nothing specific came up for me.

I currently have Adobe Photoshop CS on my old XP computer however after recently purchasing a new PC with Vista 64 Bit, I noticed it no longer worlds (I run it from an external HDD).

I've read that CS is not compatible with Vista however I was wondering if anyone had found a way to get this working? I think an option is to dual boot with Xp to get it working but unfortunatly I don't own the CD anymore for XP (as I purchased my PC from someone who didn't give me the XP CD).

Any advice would be great

Thanks

uv

uv

Soldato
CS works fine with Vista.

Have you reinstalled the application, or are you just trying to run the exe from the old install? If you haven't, reinstall Photoshop.

Soldato
Yeah sounds like you need to reinstall the app in vista mate (friend tried to do this to have the app switch between 2 machines.... took a while to explain the flaws in his plan)

Photoshop works fine in vista though!

Associate
I have CS and CS2 neither of which work on the 64 bit version of Vista. They will run in 32 bit Vista under Administrator privelages. Just install as you would with XP but once installed go directly into the CS folder and set the Photoshop CS app. to Run As Administrator. There are runtime problems with some processors and some Motherboards. The only Photshop which is Vista compatible completely is CS3 & soon 4.
Because CS4 is written for the Macromedia generation you will find it much easier to setup and use. To avoid getting stuff you don't need upgrade to CS4 Standard or Premier. The upgrade direct from Adobe is around the same price £170.

Soldato
64 bit working fine here jeffa.

pscs.jpg

Back to 4gb ram again, doesnt seem to make it noticeably faster though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom