Adrien Brody to lead the cast in 'Predators'

Associate
Yep you heard it...Adrien Brody is to lead the cast for the upcoming movie Predators.

In a surprise development, Adrien Brody has been set by 20th Century Fox to play the heroic mercenary who battles alien hunters in “Predators,” a reboot of the “Predator” franchise that is being creatively spearheaded by Robert Rodriguez.

Source: http://weblogs.variety.com/bfdealmemo/2009/10/brody-leads-predators-team-for-fox.html

Man I really didn't expect this to happen? But hey, atleast a quality actor has been attatched to a potentially very bad movie. Hopefully he won't do as bad of a job that Bale did with Terminator Salvation.

Soldato
This film has a good director and Rodriguez producing, plus Adrien Brody starring?

Hardly a recipe for failure. It's looking better than Predator 2 already.

Soldato
What they need is a decent script and decent acting both of which were quite obviously missing from the AVP films.

yes they did, and it's my favourite film, but the days of one liners are gone my friend

AvP2 would have been 'ok' without the one liners :/

AVP2 was terrible though. Just banal junk and the footage was graded to be so dark, it was unwatchable. It was just a no hope from the start. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmmm.

Not certain about this, I really loved 1 and 2. (the originals obviously).

I think Arnie was pretty damn perfect for the original, but hey if they can improve it I am happy. I did think 1 was better than 2, though 2 was still very very good indeed.

Soldato
I would have thought that the Predator series would lend itself well to the same sort of modern "dark" makeover that the two new Batman films brought to that franchise. There seems to be very little gritty sci-fi being made these days.

Soldato
So am I the only one thinking Adrien Brody shouldnt ever have anything to do with a Predator film? :confused:

As opposed to Danny Glover? Brody can actually act for a start.

Wasn't there hatred shown towards Heath Ledger's casting as the Joker? (for example). Shouldn't we judge after the film has come out?

Caporegime
Just don't let anyone involved in the Alien V Predator films a million miles near this and it shouldn't be too bad.

Adrien Brody is a very good actor.

Soldato
Maybe they should get Vin Diesel or Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to cheese it up?

No thanks.

As opposed to Danny Glover? Brody can actually act for a start.

Wasn't there hatred shown towards Heath Ledger's casting as the Joker? (for example). Shouldn't we judge after the film has come out?

Dunno, I didn't have any negative opinions about Heath playing the joker.

Yea hes a good actor, I just dont think hes suited to a predator film but whatever, suppose I should hold judgement.

Back
Top Bottom