ADSAdClient31 download keeps popping up :(

Soldato
Since this afternoon, MSN keeps popping up and asking me to download ADSAdClient31.dll. I can't seem to stop it. I've virus checked. The only thing i have downloaded this afternoon was the Lucid MVP graphics app.

rad.jpg

Soldato
Happened to me, cancelled the download as I had no idea what it was. Haven't downloaded anything new in a while either.

From a quick google, it looks like it's to do with the ads on msn and how they are displayed. A lot of very unhappy people around because of this.

Soldato
OP
I cant stop it :( It been happening all nite :( every 10 mins, a new pop up to download the blasted DLL. I'm gonna have to shut down Live Messenger to stop it :(

I think I might have stopped it, hoping so. A-Patch for windows live. Disables all the ads **** :)

Last edited:
Soldato
MSN/Live messenger has been steadily going downhill for several years. I stopped using it years ago, but looks like this will be the final nail in the coffin for anyone who's still using it.

I want to use an instant messenger to converse with other instant messenger users. Not to check the weather, read news, check the latest celeb gossip, look for love, play games, use facebook, update twitter, and all the other bloat they've managed to inject into a once streamlined application.

Last edited:
Associate
Happening to me as well, I can't exactly switch over as I really like the people I talk to on it!

me too, I have ported over to Digsby, with like both pidgin and trillian support msn, aim, ym as well as a few others and am loving it. Digsby allows you to integrate facebook chat too, which is what sold it to me.

Back
Top Bottom