ADSL reconnection problems?

Soldato
hey all iv been trying out this TP-Link adsl router i got but it seems to have an issue, everythings working fine apart from the adsl. sometimes when the router reconnects to the isp after a dropped connection this is the info i get:

1565u0l.png

as you can see this happened after 2 days of use this time, the adsl dropped and when it reconnected i didnt get a gateway ip address or dns servers.
a simple telnet into the router and restart of the adsl modem or a full on reboot fixes things till it happens again next time.

funny thing is iv also tried a netgear dg834g v3 and also a billion bipac 5200 which do the exact same thing the tp-link does.

iv gone back to using my draytek vigor router which iv been using for over 6 years now and had no issues at all with.

anyone ever had an issue like this before?

Soldato
I've got this very router, though I see you are on the latest firmware and mine is one step back. For a budget modem/router, I've been pretty impressed with it so far. And other than the fact it seems to have some "issues" reporting line errors correctly via the GUI, no real problems so far.

Back
Top Bottom