Adult family game recommendations

Associate
Hi
Now I can see there are recommend me a game threads popping up every other day but here goes anyways.
In looking for a couple of games that we can play at Christmas. There's me and the wife and her parents.
We're adults obviously but they will be turned off instantly if the game is a bit si-fi or fantasy orientated.
Anything but the usual trivia **** I have to put up with would be great
Thanks

Soldato
Ticket to ride europe went down really well with my non gaming parents to the point were taking the original one on holiday to play together.

Others would be:
Carcassone, pandemic and qwirkle are a few lighter games that would go down well if there not big gamers

Soldato
Camel Up - betting on camel racing.

AORg49w.jpg

Take 1 of 4 actions per turn. Simple and quick to play. Camels can move 1 - 3 spaces per round and stack on each other meaning the potential for 1 camel to move a long way!

Ticket to Ride - building train routes across 1900's USA

BTucUH3.png

Take 1 of 3 actions per turn; collect cards to expand your routes, play cards, take new routes. Highest score wins, Longest route gets a bonus.

Tabletop Episode

No Thanks - Score the lowest to win

KPEsxxQ.jpg

Take a card or place a token on it to pass. Run out of tokens and you must take the current card. Cards score face value unless in a run in which case only the lowest card counts.

Dobble (Star Wars version just came out!)

BoFaOup.jpg

Snap for idiots. Each card has 8 symbols on it and each card only has 1 symbol in common with each other. Person who collects the most cards wins.

Carcassonne

OuRFHTA.jpg

Building cities and roads in rural medievel France. Claim roads/cities/farms and monastaries to gain score. Most score wins.

Tabletop Episode

Settlers of Catan

EWT5xzW.jpg

Compete with other players to best settle the isle of Catan first. Build roads and cities to gain score. First to 10 wins.

Tabletop Episode

Soldato
I know its a tabletop thread, but i think Fibbage and Quiplash are great party games. Can buy it through Steam and everyone uses their Smartphones to connect.

It's part of the Jackbox Party Pack, there are 3 of em.

Soldato
We Haven't Playtested This
Card game, rules on card, very quick rounds, sometimes even won on first play as its so silly)

Word Whimsy
A family friendly word game with cards where you make answers

Codenames
Card game. 1 word statement where your teammate has to guess which answers are relevant from a selection

Back
Top Bottom