Adverts at the ATM - the latest madness?

Soldato
A friend was using a cash point today when it forced him to give a response to an advert before proceeding with giving him the cash.

It asked him if he was aware that Cravendale milk lasts for 21 days and he had to give a yes or no response in order to proceed.

Not sure I agree with this type of advertising. Only a matter of time before it catches on and becomes the latest money-making spin.

Has anyone else seen this before? I'd never heard of it.

Mat

Mat

Soldato
I've seen that ad but didn't respond, it just carried on as normeal

This. You don't need to respond, just ignore it and you cash will be presented regardless.

You might as well answer 'Yes/No, I do/don't know the answer to your question, please send me loads of junk mail from the details you just got off my card'.

Associate
This really is getting ridiculous. Can we not get on with our everyday lives without having a product or service shoved in our face. Yes I know companies rely on advertising for increase in traffic and sales but they are taking it too far. Is there not enough with TV, Internet, Radio, Newspapers, Magazines, Billboards, Posters ect

Soldato
According to the link above it has a 40 second dwell time. So basically respond quickly or they'll just keep you standing there!

No, it stays there for a while at the same time as dispensing your cash. There is no actual delay with this advert at all, I had the very one today at my local Tesco Express.

Nothing to see here.

Associate
Seen this at tesco's too.
I'm definitely not a fan, any advertising that tricks you into reading it instantly becomes a product I won't use.

Man of Honour
If it doesn't get in the way of me going about my business I don't really care i.e. if its playing in its own little box seperate to the ATM functionality. If I have to sit there for awhile and/or react to it before it will let me use the cash point as a cash point however its a step too far.

Back
Top Bottom