adverts on dvds!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR X10000000

Soldato
why o why are there adverts on dvds, that cannot be fast forwarded, skipped or menued???

watched lord of war, and there was a Mars advert!!! and bloody film trailers!
so stupid, in a few years it will be stupid and pointless.

i may cry!

Deep

ps lord of war sucks

Commissario
I've not noticed too many with unskippable ads (usually next chapter, FF or menu will skip them), but IIRC you can probably blame Disney for them - apparently they were the first company to put unskippable adverts on some of their kids DVD's :(

Personally I really hate it when there is one of these ads, as it's removing one of the bonus point's of DVD's, and is actually worse than VHS (where you could at least hit fast forward).

If I thought it would do any good, I would suggest writing a letter of complaint to the distributor of the DVD (asusming it wasn't a freebie in a paper), pointing out that the adverts upset your enjoyment of their product, and make it less likely you will buy their releases in the future.

Soldato
If you buy DVD players with a mod chip you can skip anything you like.

I have not found any unskipable adverts on the stuff i watch on my PC mind.

My chipped players can jump straight to the DVD menu.

Soldato
OP
Werewolf said:
If I thought it would do any good, I would suggest writing a letter of complaint to the distributor of the DVD (asusming it wasn't a freebie in a paper), pointing out that the adverts upset your enjoyment of their product, and make it less likely you will buy their releases in the future.

i was saying to my brother that this would be a good idea, but they wouldnt give a second thought about one person.

i think its time for a GIANT online petition!!!

Soldato
I've noticed that there are now pointless ads on dvds. Personally I buy dvds to avoid ads and trailers for other films, it's getting more and more like VHS unfortunately.

Soldato
Werewolf said:
Personally I really hate it when there is one of these ads, as it's removing one of the bonus point's of DVD's, and is actually worse than VHS (where you could at least hit fast forward).

It's even worse when you've shelled extra out for the limited edition/directors cut/special edition DVDs and they are still on there! :mad:

Soldato
What's really insulting are the piracy adverts. So, I've just spent my hard earnt on an official product, and I yet I get a lecture on the severity of the issue. Cheers.

Soldato
tbh imo they are shooting themselves in the foot.

they are trying to boot out movie piracy, but how can they expect the public to remain faithful if the dvds themselves are overpriced and then they force you to watch adverts as well.

i'd rather watch a pirated dvd rip copy tbh.

Soldato
OP
Fusion said:
What's really insulting are the piracy adverts. So, I've just spent my hard earnt on an official product, and I yet I get a lecture on the severity of the issue. Cheers.

lol thats just adding to my anger!

"you wouldnt steal a car!" shut up you dont know me!!!

(i wouldnt buy the way)

Soldato
the_one_deep86 said:
why o why are there adverts on dvds, that cannot be fast forwarded, skipped or menued???

watched lord of war, and there was a Mars advert!!! and bloody film trailers!
so stupid, in a few years it will be stupid and pointless.

i may cry!

Deep

ps lord of war sucks

I'm watching Lord of war at the moment and found the unskippable adverts incredibly annoying :mad:

p.s Lord of War owns :cool:

Permabanned
I hate them.

And I hate the stupid leaflet showing a cinema screen and crowd, with a bad photshopped scene of smoke and poor film quality, How much was this DVD, £14 thats £1 towards the price of that leeflet, :mad:

Soldato
I think theyre starting to realise most people wait for DVD these days than go to the movies so they need to add more and more bloody adverts to the DVDs.

Ads dont really bug me though. I can skip them on the PC if I needed to, but more often than not I throw in the disk, hit play on the DVD player or PC then wander off and get the snacks :D

SiriusB

Soldato
Fusion said:

Funnily enough, none of my pirate disc have any annoying adverts or things that can't be skipped.

Yay for efficient anti-piracy measures. :rolleyes:

if i had any pirate discs that is, which i don't, cos they don't exist

Soldato
it is a complete joke, not needed at all! They already charge enough for the damn things we just want to ejoy the MOVIE and nothing else. If i wanted to watch adverts id put itv/ch4 on. Its as bad a ch4 with the stupud 118 adverts :mad: :mad: You really getting into a show then *blank* "No daaaave i cant do it, 118 118.com" blah blah blah god it does my head in!!!

As said it can be taken from the net and you can watch the whole thing uninterupted!! The way a decent tv show is supposed to be watched.

Associate
Fusion said:

whats funny tho is a pirate dvd, will have all the ads taken out, and will have the skip/ff/nc restrictions removed lol

Permabanned
Spinal2k2 said:
whats funny tho is a pirate dvd, will have all the ads taken out, and will have the skip/ff/nc restrictions removed lol

They even had anti ads, showing ads of them beating the big movie compaines and joke taking slogans.

Soldato
the_one_deep86 said:
in a few years it will be stupid and pointless.

It's stupid and pointless now
the_one_deep86 said:
lol thats just adding to my anger!

"you wouldnt steal a car!" shut up you dont know me!!!

(i wouldnt buy the way)

HAHA, I watched a DVD earlier and when this advert came on, i thought to myself "well, i would if I got away with it"

Bad i know, but nevermind

Last edited:
Associate
For me the adverts just give me time to fire up my sound system, take a dump and then make a cuppa. By the time I've done all that, I re-enter my room to see the main menu on screen. :)

Back
Top Bottom