Advice about returning item that damages stuff

A5H

A5H

Permabanned
Right,
the item in question are my shure E2C headphones. I bought them last christmas, and about 8 months ago, they started leaking a green fluid onto my goddamn teeshirt. I contacted shure and they sent me another pair, and said my comments regarding the dye would be 'forwarded to the necessary people'. So I was 2 tee shirts down, but with my headphones back so I let it go...

Now, today, the same thing has happened. The freakin' dye has turned to green and started leaking again. Again, staining a top. I want to E-mail shure and explain what has happened and I am unsure as to where I stand. Do they have to replace the items their product has ruined? Do they have to compensate me in any way?

I've never written a letter of 'complaint' before, so I could do with some help.

Image of the leaking dye (Where it's green, it used to be clear).

Cheers,
Ash

Edit: Need better title :(

Last edited:

A5H

A5H

Permabanned
OP
Please guys, I could do with a bit of help.

It's noting to do with OCUK by the way, just so you know it's within the rules :)

Thanks,
Ashx

Soldato
learn your lesson and don't take a replacements, tell them you're fed up with this crap and want a refund AND the T-Shirts replaced

A5H

A5H

Permabanned
OP
Otacon said:
Dont bump after an hour dude. If everyone did that, there'd be nothing but bumps in threads :p

Sorry :(
Just really want to get the e-mail sorted so I can sort it out... My Dad's in annoyed that it ruined some of my clothes again so is pressuring me...

Vent, how do I put that diplomatically?

Cheers,
Ash

Soldato
I don't do diplomatically

Dear Sir

please observe I have returned the headphones that your company returned to me supposedly refurbished, yet these have suffered the same fault as the original set (you will require these later).
So that you fully understand my grevance I am going to hunt you down and shoot you with a paint ball for every shirt of mine that has been damaged by your product.
I do not want another set of these headphones as I cannot afford to ruin more of my clothing with your inferior product, I have returned this set to you as I can no longer suffer the sight of them.
Please take this set and insert up your rectum.

Yours etc etc.

best bet is to use newspaper clippings for the words incase they can track your handwriting/printer ink etc.

A5H

A5H

Permabanned
OP
But really... :p

Dear sir/madam,

I returned a pair of E2C isolation in-ear-phones to yourselves approximately 8 months ago and was sent out a new pair of the same model. The fault on the old pair was the black dye in the right ear piece, leaked and caused damage to several items of clothing. I was assured that my complaint would be passed on to appropriate persons within your company. I have still heard nothing about the damaged items. Nor have I heard from the 'appropriate persons withing the company'.

Today, I noticed that my new pair (the replacements) had exactly the same fault. I was assured that my first pair were one offs and the same problem would not re-occur. This has lead to damage of more clothing items, which I feel is completely unacceptable.

I would like a refund for the obviously faulty item as I cannot afford to ruin any more clothes with yet another replacement of the same model with the same fault.

Regards,
Ash

Any good?

Ashx

Soldato
Well, what do you want out of this?

replacement headphones?
money back?
compensation?

You should probably make initial contact with them explaining what's happened and explain this isn't the first time. If you've still got the previous correspondence then include it as well.

You might find they're more than happy to help you in all the areas above, if not then you can then delve in to the consumer rights legalities...that should get it sorted.

A5H

A5H

Permabanned
OP
Tried&Tested said:
Well, what do you want out of this?

replacement headphones?
money back?
compensation?

You should probably make initial contact with them explaining what's happened and explain this isn't the first time. If you've still got the previous correspondence then include it as well.

You might find they're more than happy to help you in all the areas above, if not then you can then delve in to the consumer rights legalities...that should get it sorted.

I wouldn't mind a free upgrade for the hassle and the fact it's a recurring fault...
Right I'll try write a thing that just explains the crack.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom