Advice appreciated on Water cooling Setup - First Build

Associate

I have a Tj08 like above with the 180mm silverstone fan intake.

I want a watercooling setup as pictured above but Cpu only. OCUK don't sell the 200mm rads so I will have to get elsewhere. the xspc raystorm looks nice too along with white tubing.

Gfx card is a 560ti twin frozer so therefore is being left untouched as i believe they are custom pcb. The capability to expand the loop when a new card is purchased maybe in a year or so would be of benefit.

I have an i5 2500k on an asus gene z gen 3 currently stock cooling not overclocked. 8gb low profile ram. Corsair 520w psu

I really want to overclock the hell out of it - advice for parts for a loop appreciated as this seems the most informed water cooling board I have been on and generally Ocuk has lots of stuff to choose from.

The quieter the system the better

Associate
OP
This is on members market - would this suit me -

XSPC DDCRES18W Laing Pump & Res, this is the MCP335 18w Pump. Boxed complete as new. looking for £48 incl del, paid £78 just under 2yrs ago.

UPDATE - Now sold elsewhere

Last edited:
Soldato
If you plan to expand the loop into the GPU as well at a later date then general consensus here is 120mm rad per component, so perhaps see if you can squeeze a 120mm rad in the back?

Soldato
200 + 120 would be the way to go I would say, but if its a stretch at cost you could always leave the 120 out until you get around to adding a GPU into the loop.

Pump-wise, you'd be better waiting for one of the resident experts to fill you in, I'm pretty new to WC myself :)

Associate
OP
Swiftech MCP35X PWM DDC 18W Pump : MCP35X

Digging on the internet this and the reservoir with pwm sound good

Why is it watercooling stuff is out of stock on OCUK and everywhere else?

Soldato
Not sure about everywhere else, but afaik OcUK are currently having a major re-fresh of their WC products, some older produce is being phased out for newer stuff :)

Back
Top Bottom