Advice - Girlfriend & kids moving in

Soldato
Yep taken on board, I'm raising the kids as my own anyway. Understand what you saying about the CSA. Adopting isn't something I would just do without thinking. Regarding council tax she is registered disabled so we should get some discount. The kids are 2.5 years and 15 months.

As for your OP, speak with he landlord and find out.

-edit ignore me, you had answered already

Last edited:
Soldato
Agency woman in charge of lettings not in until tomorrow. That's why I started the thread to see what people think etc.

Come to think of it, the first letting agency we went to and were going to sign up with a house for, they were happy for just one credit check, I had forgotten about that so it will be entirely dependant on the letting agency.

Soldato
From my experience I would think that the landlord will want to be notified of another over 18 year old in the property at the very least. If you want to go joint tenant they will want to credit check etc. They will certainly want to know if more people are going to live there.

Soldato
She has Kids :eek:

Get the hell outta there asap

So women who have had kids but then their relationships have fallen apart (possibly for no fault of theirs) should remain single and alone forever?

Sometimes I really don't understand this forum. I'm assuming that it's due to it being populated with 12 year old computer nerds or something.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Small women who have had kids but then their relationships have fallen apart (possibly for no fault of theirs) should remain single and alone forever?

Sometimes I really don't understand this forum. I'm assuming that it's due to it being populated with 12 year old computer nerds or something.

This is true, there are a few sensible folk on here though. I didn't expect too much tbh

Soldato
Where are the fathers? Sounds like a disaster situation if she pushed her last one out only 15 months ago!

That's a little judgmental considering you are not in possession of all the facts.

Only one father, not allowed access due to domestic violence, need I say I more?

Don't worry about what people say. Whilst biologically they may not be yours that doesn't matter, all the genetic dad was is a sperm donor. If you raise them then you are their dad. Do it well and they'll thank you for doing this.

Good luck sorting out moving them in but don't expect a peaceful life. :D

Man of Honour
So women who have had kids but then their relationships have fallen apart (possibly for no fault of theirs) should remain single and alone forever?

At those ages it might not be too bad. Where is/are the father(s)? - not that i'm implying anything there, seriously, but you never know.
What's her relationship like with them?

I was with someone with kids, which were almost grown up. Biiiig mistake. So I would say RUN AWAAAAAAAAY!

But in this case... hope she's worth it :)

Associate
Hi folks,

I currently have an assured shorthold tenancy agreement which is now running month to month. I would like to be able to name my girlfriend and her kids as living with me without having her as a joint tenant as she currently doesn't work, has no credit history, currently lives in social housing on income support and the various other benefits you get when you are registered disabled and signed off.

The general idea is that we will begin living together as a family with me fully responsible for paying the rent and bills until such a point when she is able to work.

I understand that she will lose some of her benefits and others will need to be changed, it is largely irrelevant as I'm paying for the house whilst living on my own anyway so makes no difference to me.

So I guess my question is providing I let my landlord (agency) know they are moving in would she need to become a joint tenant (which will carry fees, a credit check and all the associated rubbish that goes with it).

I'm planning on marrying her and adopting her children eventually as we are already like a family, just living in different homes at the moment. (mine is the better house - hence her moving in with me)..

Anyone with any experience and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Sounds like she's on to a winner.

Associate
On a serious note I'd be slowing things right down if I were you.

Are you sure she really loves you? Or is she just relieved and thankful to be out of an abusive relationship and to have found someone, anyone, who is going to pay her way and look after her and the kids she's been left with?

It sounds like she was in a pretty desperate situation previously and it may be worth holding off until you've been together a tad longer.

Caporegime
shes likely to lose a lot of her diability allowance when she moves in with you.
better she keeps living in social housing but spends most of her time at yours ;)

you want to be very careful shes just not leaping on you for a father to her kids and the finacial suport that brings

Associate
OP
On a serious note I'd be slowing things right down if I were you.

Are you sure she really loves you? Or is she just relieved and thankful to be out of an abusive relationship and to have found someone, anyone, who is going to pay her way and look after her and the kids she's been left with?

It sounds like she was in a pretty desperate situation previously and it may be worth holding off until you've been together a tad longer.

I'm fairly sure she loves me considering we are the best of friends as well as everything else.

Associate
OP
shes likely to lose a lot of her diability allowance when she moves in with you.
better she keeps living in social housing but spends most of her time at yours ;)

you want to be very careful shes just not leaping on you for a father to her kids and the finacial suport that brings

Understand what you are saying but is it worth the hassle and trying to play the system.

Permabanned
Have known her longer than she has had kids. We were both in other relationships until approx a year ago, helped each other out through our breakups and ended up getting together. We are rocks to each other.

No advice from me mate, just want to say fair play and good luck to you. Hope it all goes well. :)

Back
Top Bottom