Advice - Girlfriend & kids moving in

Caporegime
It sounds like you are both in horrible personal situations and have found some light in being together.

Personally I would keep things the way they are, but have more living time together to get used to being together all the time as this could end horribly for you and even worse for her and the kids.

In a way I hope that it is a "no" from the landlord, it will give you a lot more time together where you can at least start saving some money or clear off the rest of your debt before this heavy financial burden is placed upon you both.

Soldato
I've just phoned the agency, I await judgement. If the owner has a mortgage its a no because it will invalidate it as you need to have a job to pass a credit check. If she doesn't have a mortgage them moving in shouldn't be a problem providing the owner agrees.

We have other options to explore yet.

That sounds a bit far fetched to be honest. We certainly don't impose those terms on our BTL customers. I think the agency may not be correct there.

Associate
OP
It sounds like you are both in horrible personal situations and have found some light in being together.

Personally I would keep things the way they are, but have more living time together to get used to being together all the time as this could end horribly for you and even worse for her and the kids.

In a way I hope that it is a "no" from the landlord, it will give you a lot more time together where you can at least start saving some money or clear off the rest of your debt before this heavy financial burden is placed upon you both.

There is no debt to pay off providing I don't dramatically come into a lot of money this is why its called a debt relief order.

Things may stay the way they are if my landlord won't allow them to move in. As i said we have other avenues to explore. One being me moving to her, once we have done some work on her house the other being applying for housing somewhere else together. It might take a while but what does that matter, we have time.

For those wondering her disability is fibromyalgia. So whilst inconvenient and painful at times it hardly puts her on the scrapheap.

As for the trollin' its quite funny tbh, you have no idea when it comes to life though.

Right I'm getting fed up of my own thread /fail :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Caporegime
If your happy with the situation, go for it!

I've been there before, raised two lads as my own for >6 years.

The relationship did not work out, but, the elder of the two lads still see's me regularly,he is best friends with my daughter (they regard each other as family) and is a part of my life that I look back on with a degree of pride.

The relationship went **** up, sure.Some relationships work out, others don't.
In my case, the kids were not the reason why we split nor were they ever an issue within the relationship, my current g/f has a 5year old who's Dad lives in Spain, its no issue to me whatsoever, having done it once, its no big deal ,for me, to do it again.

Associate
OP
The landlady said Yes, providing we take up another 6 month term on a new agreement, pay £60 in fees for said new agreement and my work email her to prove I'm in a full time permanent job.

So option one is viable

Associate
Just want to say good luck to you all. My friend has adopted his partners daughter after they lived together for about 8 years. He has always thought of her as his own, her birth father is a waste of space. Lives in the same town but has never wanted to meet his daughter!

I wish you guys all the best!

Back
Top Bottom