• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Advice Needed on Graphics card for Lenevo Legion Y520T - 251KL

CPB

CPB

Associate
I could really do with some much needed advice. I have a monitor that has lost it's signal/connection to my desktop. I've done the usual checks of switching the HDMI cable and I've had no luck, I've also tried switching monitors over but still no luck. This leads me to believe that it's the Graphics card that needs replacing? If that's the best way forward would anyone have any advice on which Graphics card that I should replace it with, with the minimal fuss? I was using the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Thanks in advance

CPB

CPB

Associate
OP
Thanks for your responses, I removed the card and when using the onboard GPU, there is now a signal between the monitor and computer. So I think I'm right in assuming that the graphics card needs replacing? If so what would be the best like-for-like replacement for a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB in a Lenevo Legion Y520T - 251KL Desktop? Without having to change the Power Unit etc. Thanks in Advance

Associate
Unless you play demanding video games stick to using the CPU integrated graphics. To improve it's performance you can look into getting additional RAM to enable dual channel mode.
The GPU market right now is crazy, it's the worst time ever to buy a card. If you do need a descrete GPU get this one - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pali...ci-express-gddr5-graphics-card-gx-03t-pl.html - it's £139.99 currently and in stock, but probably not for long.

Back
Top Bottom