Advice on first Water setup - O11d & 5800 & 3090

Associate
I've fancied having a crack at Watercooling for a while and seeing a few front distroplate builds in O11Ds, I quite like the cleanlieness of having a reservior and pump in a neat package at the front of the case.

I've had a look through OCUK and come up with a shopping list for distroplate, water blocks and rad but I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for, and certainly have no idea when it comes to fittings and pipes. What sizes do I need?

I quite like the idea of hard lines.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please? :)

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £451.62 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Associate
You'll need 2 fittings for every component (cpu/gpu/rad) and a pair for each part of the distro plate. I wouldn't advise going for hardline as your first foray into w/c but if you're keen then you will need to pick up all the accessories to get the job done like heat resistant gloves and a heat gun for the bending.

Whatever you do, make sure you pick the right fitting for the type of tubing, hardline requires specific hardline fittings and the same goes for compression fittings on soft tubing. Take a look at the handy dandy accessories page for all the stuff you might need to do hardline.

Back
Top Bottom