Advice On New PC-£700 Budget

Associate
Hi, I have just joined this forum and i am looking for some help with a new pc. I have been looking at different reviews on everything from cpus to sound cards. It has baffled me a bit so i have come here for some help,
My uses will be:
Gaming
Office 2007
Adobe CS4
I will need everything apart from monitor,dvd drive,k-board,mouse,OS and a hdd, My mate has also said i can have his Thermaltake 550w psu is this good enough or do i need to upgrade.
Thanks for everyone who helps me

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have put together this list what do you guys reckon.
33m360j.jpg

RJC

RJC

Don
Spec looks good, you will need a cpu cooler - just in case you did not realise ;)

The 550w will be enough but how old is the psu.

Associate
?

Hi,

The build above seems quite good to a friend of mine, but would you recommend a better motherboard if he decided to upgrade to an i7 instead?

Thanks in advance.
sorry for jumping onto the thread

Associate
is the dvd drive you have SATA? some mobos get fussy if its not

what os will you be running. make sure its 64 bit seeing as you want 4gb ram

id go for a slightly higher watt psu personally (650 at least) and make sure its modular as your cable management will be better

you haven't said if you need a case either

if you have a tall case you will want a few power cable extenders so you dont have a big cable pressed against you graphics card

and the CPU cooler as well.

if you have a case already does it have suitable fans as your find this setup will run hot

Associate
OP
Sorry i forgot to add cooler, It will most likely be the Noctua. I do have a sata dvd drive and i am getting Windows 7 through UNI so thats why i didnt include it. as for the case it will be the Antec 1200 when it comes in stock unless someone can reccomend me something thats better :) and for now i will keep 550w and get a modular one for christmas and maybe a 58XX card.

Back
Top Bottom