Advice on setting up a charity?

Soldato
Hello folks, I will be brief on my description! – I youth work in my spare time on a local estate; it’s quite a deprived area and well known in Southampton. I want to start a football team and need some cash to get me going. However getting the grants is difficult when you just put your name and bank details down, it looks bad and I don’t really want to be reasonable for the cash coming into my bank and so on.

I would like to set the team up as a charity if that is possible, and have a group of local respected people onboard, also link the team to some African charity’s that I no off who you can donate kits too and so on. … just wondering what advice people might have on this matter, happen to listen to any views or thoughts

J.B

J.B

Soldato
Who do you youth work for? I used to do some at a youth centre, we had a team set up, there was money from the county council put aside for sports teams that my line manage tapped in to for us.

Soldato
OP
Who do you youth work for? I used to do some at a youth centre, we had a team set up, there was money from the county council put aside for sports teams that my line manage tapped in to for us.

this is the issue, i work for a youth group that is linked to a church charity. So even through the youth group and the football team i wish to set up has nothing to do with church in the sense that we don't do Christian teaching, just come from a Christian morals point of view, it makes it hard for certain funding as lots of funding exclude religious organisations.

So I was thinking for the football team that I would set it up off my own back and try the charity option. That way funding might be easier and if that fails I can at least do my own fund raising using contacts and sponsored events to raise some cash to book a pitch for 12 months and get a cheap kit for us to start with

Top Bottom