Advice on specs for building new PC

Associate
Alright everyone

I'm looking at building a new system for the first time so I was hopeful on gaining some advice on the sort of specs the system would require for my needs currently and in the future.

The system would need to be handle some gaming but not intense (Football Manager the only certain game to be used, possibly one or two more), different programming applications, typical office use and web browsing. Ensuring the system performs well in future is probably my main concern.

I'm starting completely from scratch so have no other components/accessories to use and my budget is around £800-£1000.

Thanks for any help.

Soldato
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Can you be a bit more specific, concerning the programming applications. Are these apps. cpu and/or ram intensive.

Associate
OP
They're quite intensive yet as there are a few applications that would be required(Visual Studio, NetBeans and possibly a couple more).

Associate
I wouldn't really say programming applications are resource intensive unless you're building BSPs. You should be able to get away with a standard - mid range build. Though if you're wanting it future proof I suggest investing in an SSD as the main drive (and possibly a normal drive as the second) that should see the system performing well for a longer period of time as I could imagine that being the first hardware to drop the performance of your machine.

Back
Top Bottom