CPU : Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard : Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
Memory : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 DDR4 RAM
GPU : Radeon RX590
SSD : Gigabyte 256GB
HDD : Barracuda 2TB
Case : Undecided
Other : Wireless Adapter

He was quoted £950 built for it but I told him I could build it for him.

Are these parts worth spending the £850-900 on?

Thanks

Last edited:
Permabanned
Hi,

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £943.07 (includes shipping: £13.20)​

Total: £889.08 (includes shipping: £13.20)

or this:

Total: £942.12 (includes shipping: £13.20)

Associate
OP
Thanks for the info. Took ur advice into consideration and after speaking to him a bit more we came to this:

Total: £807.03 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Hes still deciding on a case.. And I told him ethernet 100 times better so trying to get him to use the Aorus Elite and hard wire. Saves him £30.

If these look good then other questions are.

1) There is a wd green m2 drive. Is this better than getting the ssd or is there no advantage. They are same price.
2) Is there any difference from the motherboard I posted and the rog strix you posted. Just cause this one had wifi built in.
3) The case he got quoted was Coolermaster K500 RGB but im not keen its a nice RGB case. Can you recommend either a decent RGB case or should I just get a normal case and fit HUE+

I honestly like the look of the KoLink Levante Mid Tower RGB. Should give him enough RGB options to play about with.

Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'll mention it to him, but if he doesn't want to spend the extra £100 can he still use VR on it? Playable.

also is the WD Green M.2 drive better to get than the Gigabyte SSD?

Last edited:
Soldato
SSD is an SSD, look be as it's an SSD. Pay for space populated over speed as they are still mike's better then HDD. Nvme drives though, wouldn't notice the difference if it's just for game etc

Associate
OP
So if they are the same price I am better getting the WD Green M.2 drive to install into the motherboard? The quality/speed/features will work exactly as they would with the Gigabyte SSD in SATA?

Associate
OP
Does that include a Windows license?
Yes that included a windows 10 licence. To cut this short and make it easier, this is what he was "quoted".....

Coolermaster Masterbox K500 RGB Gaming Case
AMD Ryzen 2600X
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2400MHZ
RX 580 8GB
1TB Seagate Barracuda
256GB ADATA M.2
Corsair 550W PSU
Wireless PCIe card
Windows 10 Home Licence

TOTAL : £950

So I told him if he built one himself (well me build it lol) then he could save a bit of money and possibly put the extra towards better parts.

So this is the build I so far have for him:

Total: £895.12 (includes shipping: £13.20)​

Do you think this seems like the best gear he could get for the money?

I told him he could get the Aorus and buy a seperate WIFI card but hes better just getting the upgraded motherboard. I also told him for £60 cheaper I have him a RX590, 3000MHZ ram and 2TB storage.

So when you think about it, the only thing he doesn't have that it does is the 2600X, if he really wants he can pay extra £50 and still be cheaper, but he won't need it correct.

Sorry for the long winded post, but how does that look?

:)

Soldato
You're still missing a Windows license. And that is where box-builders like OCUK win over DIYers because they get discounts for buying in bulk and so pay much less for an OEM license. Top-tier manufacturers like Dell and HP buy licenses in vast quantities and pay Microsoft even less.

Soldato
@Rowan88

perfect for VR, RTX 2060 released today . power of gtx 1070ti but included UCB C VR port for future headsets

itx form factor with wifi, though couldn't get HDD in

Total: £904.19 (includes shipping: £12.30)​

Back
Top Bottom