Advice on watercooling my system

Associate
What parts should I get to do it? what's a good guide to follow on doing it? Any general advice on first time watercooling. My budget it pretty flexible, with no real hard limits.

My Specs:
Windows 10
2016 alienware area 51 R2
Intel i7 - 5930K
Titan X (pascal)
32 GB of Ram
Samsung SSD 840 Pro Series

Associate
Need more info dude,

Are you wanting to watercool the CPU only?
Other thing that comes to mind is, can you even fit a medium size radiator in that case? Are you willing to change case if not?
And do you want to go hardline or soft tubing?

Associate
OP
The CPU is already watercooled out of the box so I was just looking to watercool the gpu, someone did tell me that I should watercool both at once and take out the watercooling rig that came out of the box but I don't know if that's the way to go. I don't know how big a medium size radiator is I am a total noob to watercooling, but there does seem to be a lot of space in the case.
As said before I am a total noob so I wouldn't know the difference, what would you recommend?

Soldato
Radiators come in sizes matching case fans - either 120mm or 140mm, and in multiples so a double 120mm fan radiator, would be a 240mm radiator.

I would research the fan slots in your case but it's likely you'll want a case that can accommodate at least 4 slots worth or radiator to do a CPU and GPU loop. So, 2x240mm or a 360mm plus another radiator.

Also, bigger cases just make life easier and water cooling adds several extra components - I'd look for the best case for your needs and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom