Advice please - rejecting a car from dealer

Man of Honour
Even if the 30 days had already started once you've made it clear you want to reject it then the clock stops nevermind how long they want to spend arguing the toss. As long as you make it clear within the 30 days then you're covered.

I know this no longer applies but it's something to remember.

Soldato
OP
Bumping this up again.

I finally received the car after a couple of e-mails and a letter only to find a major issue with the car (was conveniently hidden during the test drive by putting the car in XYZ mode - I specifically tested for the issue it has). I'll go into details at a later date.

He flat out refused a refund so he's getting a notice before court proceedings sent tomorrow.

This is very frustrating as he could quite easily delay the process massively and then could turn around and say there is no money to pay up.

I'm not going to name and shame (yet) and I intend to fight it purely on the principle that I've been conned here and the law is on my side. Sadly it seems like it's going to drag on and I'll be stuck with a car I can't use (else he can claim wear and tear refund) for the foreseeable.

Soldato
OP
I wasn't aware of the issue on delivery and the original issue had been fixed, I was happy to move on. The issue became noticeable after I started looking at the different settings for the car.

Taking delivery doesn't remove the 30 day consumer rights legislation.

Associate

The Lawgistic quotes make me laugh, because the dealership I'm battling with use their services and they denied my rights. They claimed I accepted repairs because I returned the car to them to inspect what the fault was, thus lost my initial short term right to reject. So be careful accepting any repairs, however, with me I accepted their lies and took the car back and now the same fault has arisen three days later and now I am entitled to another right to reject.

I know there's also something in the consumer rights act about "in a reasonable time" this could help with the initial three week delay. Has he got any legal representation, I asked these dodgy dealers to give everything in writing through them.

Back
Top Bottom