Advice Regarding some Mondeo Tuning

Associate
I have been offered the chance to buy the following...

Extrude Honed and Polished UIM
SVT LIM
SVT TB

I would be planning on having this fitted to an ST24 that is pushing 184bhp just now. Current mods are...

Full decat Powerflow exhaust
Dastek Unichip
Bomz Air Induction

Just wondering what kind of power increases could be expected ?

And does the SVT throttle body fit the ST24 or would it require some mods ?

I have been told I would be best going for a brand new st220 TB as this is supposed to be a direct fit, can anyone conform this ?

Associate
Just wondering what prices you have been offered.

Got meself a 2.5 V6 nice and cheap from an ST.

Current mods are:

Blue flame straight through exhuast
RaidHP powerflow intake (cold air induction)

And its pretty much same engine as yours so I wouldn't mind knowing the prices you have been offered for a rough estimate for my car :)

However this will be after my new sports suspension has been fitted. had a suspension failure today :mad:

Soldato
From what I recall reading on MEG (possibly stownersclub), the SVT parts do just fit on, although when I was looking at getting them, most people also recommended getting larger errr 'piping' into the TB - there was a replacement airflow meter too (bigger diameter).

Not read up on this stuff for a year or so, so sorry for being vague.

Scort.

P.S. I'd be interested to know about the ST220 TB...

Soldato
You will also need an SVT/ST200 or Mk3 3.0 Throttle Body. Also remember to get new gaskets and bolts while your at it.

I sold an SVT UIM for £300 on the bay not too long ago so that should give you an idea of how much of a bargain your offer is. Note the enlarged LIM was fitted as standard to all later model V6's so you may not actually require it.

[edit] you will also potentially need a new throttle cable and cruise control cable for the new TB depending on the age of your car.

[edit] Oh and a new TB Bracket also and a new TB stud nut, 3 of the existing ones will do for the other mountings.

Sorry should have read your post properly, your getting an SVT TB. Note the UK Mk3 3.0 TB is the same and cheaper + more available so considering you may actually only need the UIM and a LIM from a scrapped 99 MY+ car the price is a bit expensive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom