Advice Wanted : Full Contact All I one Trx40 cooler

Associate
Hi all,

Messed up and ordered a ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 all in one mistakenly expecting a full contact cooler.

Can I have recommendations for a full contact all in one water cooler please..? I’d like to get it ordered ASAP. Processor is Threadripper 4 3970X.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Associate
OP
Hi,

I’m after an AIO water cooler.
The Ryujin 360 has a circular cool plate, and I was hoping for full coverage with a rectangular plate type. I’ve seen the ENERMAX Liqtech 360 TR4 II with the rectangular cool plate, but dam does it get some poor reviews...

Associate
In that case you would be better off keeping what you have as it's a very good cooler. The block is big enough to cover tr4. The chip under the ihs is only 1/3 the size of the entire cpu so the ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 would do fine :)

Associate
Have a look at the be quiet! silentloop range (Alphacool OEM), its coldplate is big enough to cover most of the Threadripper/Epyc IHS, but I don't think the microfins inside covers all the outer chiplets for the Threadripper 3k CPUs:
7NIdf6sFop-5Z-8bPnpy6nqQsBIYRkN-fQjuG3GVgOo-RtsGByJC7WwBUGa25kjiaqjb2_40OnrJmce-zhP_uSa_qgbomTHeVquNiZtHStUhlamLGu5zQw

You might want to look for something like a EKWB phoenix, or Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme, and pair them up with a standard threadripper waterblock.

Back
Top Bottom