Advice

Soldato
Thinking of dumping my soundcard AE-5 and Game Ones and moving to the Corsair Virtuoso XT.

I presume this has its soundcard built into the USB dongle?

So I wouldnt need my AE-5 or onboard mobo audio (other than for my desk speakers)?

Last edited:
Associate
I believe as long as you use as wireless, nothing else, apart from it's USB transmitter, will be required.
If using it with the 3,5 jack, then a sound card, either the onboard or a dedicated one will be required.
Not sure how accurate the sound of that headphone is, but anything above mid range will sound pretty poor on most onboard sound.
Considering its price, I guess the onboard will cripple it if using the 3.5 jack, but unless you need, 99.9% of the time you'll be using it wireless, which won't be affected by anything.

Soldato
I wouldn't use any Corsair stuff that requires software to function. There's also no way the headset will be better than the Game Ones either. Waste of money.

If you want better sound, or need to be freed from Creative's drivers, you should be looking at an external DAC. Your current headphones are pretty good anyway.

Back
Top Bottom