Aego 2.1 problem?

Associate
Hi all i think i may have uncovered a problem with my Aego 2.1's.

I got delivered today, a pair of Sennheiser HD650's so naturally i wanted to listen through them.

I plug the jack into the socket on the front of the sub and get nothing.

If i plug the headphones into the back of the soundcard everythings fine.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Ive had the Aegos for about a year now and this is the first time ive used the headphone socket ironically :rolleyes:

Don
I have an odd feeling that the socket on the front of the base unit isn't actually a headphone out socket but is for plugging in something like a mp3 player, could be wrong though.

Soldato
Yes its an input socket not out, i was just coming here to post a problem of my own but will ask it here.

If i plug my iphone into the front port it works and i get the sound thru the speakers which is great but....it doesnt override the pc input.....it fades it, but still plays in background so i have to turn off the other source.

Only reason i ask is that i only just set speakers up a few mins ago and had a bit of trouble with the speaker wires as they dont seem to be marked red/black for me to plug into the back of the sub, i am colorblind so may have actually missed a subtle line or something? Is there a specific way to plug them in or does it not matter with this cable?

Lastly, i have a plantronics switch thing that a lot of people here seem to have, it lets u plug speakers/mic/headphones into it and switch between them which is ideal as the xonar shares a mic and headphone port. Was just curious as to whether i am losing any sound quality by going through this switch?

Thanks all

Associate
why not get a split line so you dont have to go reaching behind your pc everytime you can get switched ones also

Back
Top Bottom