****Age of Empires IV****

Soldato
Why was III terrible? I prefer it over II. My fave from the franchise. I know a lot of people do dislike III though.
felt watered down,
* the sily camp you had to collect to do well, (barbs)
* the annoying train in the middle of the map
* was too easy even hard
* trading changed a lot
* units were not as good

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
felt watered down,
* the sily camp you had to collect to do well, (barbs)
* the annoying train in the middle of the map
* was too easy even hard
* trading changed a lot
* units were not as good
If you feel 3 was watered down then 4 is proper watered down, a lot less going on in that game, feels dumbed down in comparison. I am only going on based on the testing they let us do month or so ago though, full game might be different.

I think some of the things you pointed out are valid vs the ai. But play against humans and not so much in my experience. Though obviously some are just subjective.

Soldato
If you feel 3 was watered down then 4 is proper watered down, a lot less going on in that game, feels dumbed down in comparison. I am only going on based on the testing they let us do month or so ago though, full game might be different.
Agreed. Felt like a game designed for phones scaled up to PCs!

I think some of the things you pointed out are valid vs the ai. But play against humans and not so much in my experience. Though obviously some are just subjective.
4 is basically a carbon copy of 2 but with nicer graphics.

Id say it feels more like, back to basics of what people liked, rather than watered down.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
4 is basically a carbon copy of 2 but with nicer graphics.

Id say it feels more like, back to basics of what people liked, rather than watered down.
Well yes, but I mean if one can call 3 watered down then it is only fitting to say the same about 4. Perhaps neither is accurate however.

my game pass says play, but that it's also coming soon. i think it was around 3pm that it was out as when was downloading yesterday it gave a time of 24hours and a couple hours, and checking my post yesterday i started around 12.30pm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom