Age of ocuk riders ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 61728
  • Start date
Associate
Passed my driving test @ 17.

Passed my bike test @ 30 in 2009.

I had a very close friend get knocked off his bike, die, and end up in a coma. He eventually came round but was perminantely brain damaged and now requires constant care. That put me off for a looong time :(

Finally decided to go for it and glad I did :)

Associate
Passed my driving test at 17. Started riding just over a year ago and passed my bike test in June last year. I'm 27 now.

Wish I'd started much earlier...

Caporegime
Started riding at 17 on a Kawasaki KE100. Passed test in 1989 and progressed through countless bikes as diverse as GSXR750's to BMW K100RS'. Currently riding an Aprilia RSV Mille.

Age 41 this August. I also drive, we own a Peugeot 4007 4x4 and a Peugeot 107 Urban. Had a BMW X5 4.8is up until September last year when it had to go - it was either it or the bike as belts required to be tightened financially. 1 year old son isn't cheap to run!!.

I also drive as part of my work, EFAD qualified fire and rescue service driver.

the ke100 that was my first bike too,my pride n joy haha

16yrs riding for me(legally),but im not telling you my age:D only bikes no cars eeww horrid things

Associate
37 now, took my DAS 6 years ago. Never really ridden a bike before except some scrambling in the woods as a youngster.

Been riding ever since and use it as my main means of transport (and work). Due to my job I needed to be on a bike to make it pay (central London).

Been driving solidly since 17 and whilst I would have liked to be riding before, I'm not unhappy I didn't as now I know how traffic works and what to expect and this has saved my bacon on a number of occasions.

I crashed so many cars in my "formative" years driving that if I had been on a bike I'm pretty sure I would be in a bad state now. (touch wood)

You need a road sense when riding a bike and I think most of mine was developed in the car both by watching people do stupid things and by doing stupid things myself :o

Last edited:
Associate
got my xt125 at 18 after i was banned from driving for a year! had that for a few years until i did my test October 11, and now on my Fazer!

Living down here it makes much more sense than having a car, free parking, not having to wait in traffic etc

i lurrveee it!

Associate
got my xt125 at 18 after i was banned from driving for a year! had that for a few years until i did my test October 11, and now on my Fazer!

Living down here it makes much more sense than having a car, free parking, not having to wait in traffic etc

i lurrveee it!

Associate
I am 27, just done CBT and theory and have DAS pending in mid May as long as my holiday request is allowed.

Wish I had done this at a younger age:( I want a cruiser or modern classic too! And no car licence. (yet)

Soldato
started at 16, 48 next birthday, still haven't bothered learning how to drive a car.

Similar.

First bike on the road was a RD250 on L plates you could back then, age 17 I am now 48 I had a couple of off road death traps before that at the of age 14 ish my older brother was into bikes so had a little play on his now and then also.

No car license.

I refuse to talk to any motorcyclist I meet unless they have at least 20 years riding experience under there belt..... :p

Last edited:
Associate
CBT done and theory tomorrow, DAS monday potentially. if not then early next month.

so in answer to the question, 0 years.

Soldato
Started at 5, PW80 as my first bike, kept riding until I was around 16/17. Lost contact wityh my Dad for a while due to other reasons, bought my first 'big' bike (Ducati 748E) when I was 20, got my licence the first time I could when 21, then got a 748S, last year, bought a 1098S...

I am now 24, 25 next year.

Yep, a young gun.

Back
Top Bottom